I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

I, Robot (original 1950; edition 1991)

by Isaac Asimov

11,454200364 (3.97)316
Here, Isaac Asimov, one of the Grand Masters of science fiction, tells us the stories of the robots of which he dreamed, from the first days of their creation to the days of their ultimate sophistication.
Member:dharding
Title:I, Robot
Authors:Isaac Asimov
Info:Spectra (1991), Edition: Mti, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:*****

I, Robot by Isaac Asimov (Author) (1950)

Recently added bytrolfs, pm.adam, tlwright, alcottacre, fatbeardx, timelord2020, mickdijk, Essuu, aemartin94, private library

English (183)  Spanish (5)  Swedish (2)  French (2)  Danish (2)  Italian (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (1)  Catalan (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (199)
Good shit. Comes together in the end. Dr. Susan Calvin is a super hero.
  fatbeardx | Jan 19, 2020 |
I watched the movie before I read the book and was pleased to see how different they both were. The book is amazing! I appreciated how they dealt with the dilemmas faced by a robot manufacturing company who had to solve problems related to the code imprinted in every robot. Asimov is an extrememly talented and imaginative author. ( )
  carliwi | Sep 23, 2019 |
Short stories about robots. A couple of the stories were really good. My favorites were Robbie, Liar!, Evidence, and The Evitable Conflict

I will definitely continue with the robot series.
  JWhitsitt | Aug 25, 2019 |
Very dated, but still a fun read. ( )
  haloedrain | Aug 3, 2019 |
Forget Will Smith and read Asimov! This collection of short stories is loosely centered on the reminiscences of robot psychologist Susan Calvin. Each story experiments with the different ramifications of the three laws of robotics: 1) A robot may not injure a human being or through inaction allow a human being to come to harm. 2) A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. 3) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. ( )
  Seafox | Jul 24, 2019 |

Wilson, Daniel H.Prefacesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To John W. Campbell, Jr., who godfathered the robots
Robbie:
"Ninety-eight — ninety-nine — one hundred."
Runaround:
It was one of Gregory Powell's favorite platitudes that nothing was to be gained from excitement, so when Mike Donovan came leaping down the stairs toward him, red hair matted with perspiration, Powell frowned.
Reason:
Half a year later, the boys had changed their minds.
Catch That Rabbit:
The vacation was longer than two weeks.
Liar!
Alfred Lanning lit his cigar carefully, but the tips of his fingers were trembling slightly.
The Three Laws of Robotics
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,654,917 books! | Top bar: Always visible