Handbags And Homicide by Dorothy Howell

Handbags And Homicide

by Dorothy Howell

English (10)  Swedish (1)  All languages (11)
A fun mystery that follows department store clerk Haley Randolph as she finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation. This is the first in a series.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jan 2, 2017 |
Very light, funny and easy read.
  wendyjayne | Jan 23, 2015 |
I call this type of book "light and fluffy". Thankfully, I was in the right mood and it had some funny moments. I'll probably try one more in the series just for fun but it will be awhile. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Nov 20, 2014 |
This may be the funniest book I've ever read. Laugh out loud hilarious from the get-go straight through to the end. Different reviewers commented on Haley's character or lack thereof (she's self absorbed, cuts people off on the freeway, lies blatantly whenever it's easier than telling the truth) and about whether you want to root for her or not. That didn't even come into play for me; I was too busy laughing my head off. I will be reading every one of the Haley Randolph books and all I can say is, Dorothy Howell, thank you, thank you, thank you! ( )
  stephiesmith | Apr 10, 2011 |
If you like the Stephanie Plum novels, you should LOVE Haley Randolph! ( )
  misspriss39 | Jun 24, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0758223757, Mass Market Paperback)

Witty, smart, and always chic-to-die despite a less than glam checking account balance, Haley Randolph has it all--Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Coach, Burberry--and she'd kill for the newest Louis Vuitton handbag. It seems she's not the only one. When someone's passion for designer purses leads to murder, Haley goes shopping for a killer to clear her name...

According to Haley Randolph, you can never have enough handbags. She has one for every occasion, but that doesn't mean she won't go to any lengths to get the latest Louis Vuitton. Unfortunately for Haley, her life goes from glam to grim when her passion for fashion outlasts her credit cards, and she's forced to work during the holiday season at Holt's--a mid-market department store that doesn't even stock designer labels much to her horror.

Looking for a bit of shopping inspiration, Haley abandons the sales floor and sneaks into the stock room to get a first glimpse of Holt's ultra-fab holiday promotion--a one-of-a-kind selection of handbag styles. But instead of the newest Vuitton, Haley discovers her boss is the ultimate fashion victim. He's face-down in lingerie--stone-cold dead.

According to the security tapes, Haley was the only person in the stockroom before, during, and after the murder. With everyone in the store eyeing her like last season's Marc Jacobs, Haley turns to the hunky Ty Cameron, who heads up the store's loss prevention unit, to help her investigate the murder.

In a race to clear her rep, Haley's knowledge of hot trends will take her from the sales floor to the boardroom to the gritty streets of L.A.'s Garment District. Now, Haley must find a killer with impeccable fashion taste...and get her hands on that perfectly checkered Louis Vuitton bag before time runs out...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:19 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,437,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible