One silent night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

One silent night (edition 2008)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Member:LizzyBug
Title:One silent night
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:New York : St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2008.

One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The bad guy finds his soulmate. if your reading this series, this is a must read. My only problem with this book is it tries to tie too many plot lines together. ( )
  kbartosh | Mar 27, 2018 |
I just didn't find Stryker that interesting. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
As the villain in the previous books of the series, we the readers finally get an insight into the mind of Daemon leader. As a young child he idolized his father-the god Apollo. He meant and fell in love with a peasant woman and despite his harsh and arrogant personality he was devoted to her. They always had a love/hate relationship, fucking and fighting and all that good stuff but at the heart of him she was everything decent in him. Then his father came between them and the God forbid them to be together-threatening to rape and kill her if the hero didn’t divorce her and marry a woman more suited to his rank. In fear for her life, he did as demanded and even though it broke his heart and devastated the heroine, he remarried and had children with another woman. Then Apollo cursed ass daemons to be the soul suckers they have become and severed any love the hero may have had for his father. In the thousands of years the hero has lived, he’s lost all of his children, grieved for every single one of them-even the son he himself killed and over time he’s become the villain- seeking to kill Ash and caring for nothing or anybody. Now he’s unleashed War, an ancient god who he bargains with to end his enemies. In retaliation, the gods send his ex wife to kill him. Surprised and overjoyed to realize she’s alive, he’s stunned by the knowledge that they have a daughter together. But their reunion isn’t happiness and sunshine. The heroine still holds a bitter thirst for revenge against him even after all these years and when given the chance she actively seeks to murder him for his betrayal. But they enter into a bargain, to see their enemies killed before they battle each other. The heroine may act like a cold heart bitch- and in reality she very much lives up to that title-but when it comes to the hero, she’s vulnerable. Despite her vows to never trust him again, to hate him for all eternity, she just can’t stop herself from feeling that bond with the only man she’s ever loved. Especially when it comes to light why he left her and how his love and craving for her still burned bright inside and his grief burning even hotter. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book with a ‘villain’ and a hero before. Up till this point, this character has been made to embody everything not good and the fact that he’s now the ‘hero’ was an interesting twist that I quite enjoyed. Granted, I never was entirely convinced that he was a truly guy. He has his reasons and justification for hating all those who wronged him and his. And when it comes to his children and his people he shows a softer side. You can’t really judge him for being so ruthless when he’s a demigod around beings who live their lives surrounded by betrayal, mayhem and ruthlessness. In fact, if anyone was the ‘bad guy’ in this book it would have been the heroine. She was cold hearted when it came to killing her enemies. She tortured men even when the hero made his stand against such things. Together, I loved their violent love affair. It was like Natural born killers with their devotion to each other and screw anyone else. Course they fought one another just as much and the hero had his work cut out with trying to break through the ice around her heart. But what was up with the length of this book. Only 300 pages and extra large font? This hero was just as interesting if not more interesting than Ash and yet Ash gets a freaking Bible length story while this was so short. This hero deserved more and that’s the only thing from stopped me from rating it 5 star-the fact that this book could have been perfect if the author allowed for a more in depth exploration of such a complex character. But regardless I was hooked on this book and absolutely loved it. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Reading this book reminded me of just how much I love reading anything Sherrilyn writes, especially about her Dark Hunters!

I enjoyed seeing a different side to Stryker and gave me insight into the things he's been through. While I don't like that he and his brethren feast on humans, reading his story helped me to see that he's not fully evil.

Stryker unleashes a god that eventually comes back to bite him in more ways than he'd planned on. When someone from his past appears suddenly, it throws him for a loop and he's faced with a dilemma.

He soon is reunited with his first wife and child that he'd assumed were dead these many years.

Will he choose to make amends and become temporary allies with the very people he set out to kill or will he turn his back and risk losing all he holds dear?

You'll have to read to find out.

Full of suspense, lost love, myth and a shot a redemption, I'd give this book more than 5 stars if I could! ( )
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |
I started this last night at 11pm and had to put it down because I was prying my eyes open at 1am. I picked it up again the next morning and finished gobbling it up.

Only thing I can't remember is if it lines up correctly timewise with events in Acheron. Small thing. Looking forward to Nick's story that should be coming up hopefully soon from events in this book.

Stryker becomes more 'human' and understandable. Also a cool twist with now being able to go out in daylight. Wonder how that will work? ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the
road which makes death a fulfillment.

--Dag Hammarskjold
Stryker paused as he looked around Tarturus.
In the beginning, the world was made of beauty and of magick.

Stryker is back and he's badder than ever. With
Christmas looming, he's about to call the holiday
truce off and unleash the Spathi for a night of
utter destruction. But as he summons his
Daimons home, something unexpected drops in
to see him. Yeah, the Atlantean Underworld is
about to be turned on its head.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312947062, Mass Market Paperback)

While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all out onslaught against his enemies—which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race. To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife. Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he’s now embroiled in a centuries old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:15 -0400)

While mortals deck the halls and shop, an angry demon lord is plotting an all-out onslaught against the entire human race. Enter Stryker, the adopted brother of the legendary Dark-Hunter, Acheron. As Stryker prepares to engage in battle against the ultimate predator he must also face the deadly rage of his ex-wife, Zephyra.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,535,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible