United Tweets of America: 50 State Birds…

United Tweets of America: 50 State Birds Their Stories, Their Glories (edition 2015)

by Hudson Talbott (Author)

Learn the nickname and state bird for each state, plus other state trivia.
Member:VGreenRLE
Title:United Tweets of America: 50 State Birds Their Stories, Their Glories
Authors:Hudson Talbott (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (2015), Edition: Reprint, 64 pages

Work Information

United Tweets of America: 50 State Birds, Their Stories, Their Glories by Hudson Talbott

United Tweets of America: 50 State Birds, Their Stories, Their Glories, by Hudson Talbott is a children's book of all the 50 state birds and more.

When I picked this up I expected it to encompass all 50 state birds along with information pertaining to them. What a glorious surprise! The book is chock-full of facts about the state birds, state capitals, important people, and state nicknames. Some select states include information about state plants, gems, insects, instruments and even foods! We were amazed by all the information included.

Each state has select illustrations of birds, plants, and more. The book concludes with our national bird and the lyrics to "America the Beautiful."

This is a great book for classrooms, libraries, and home. There's so much information here, it's definitely a keeper!

5***** ( )
  Mischenko | Nov 30, 2017 |
This book is absolutely great, my kids in my class loved it and learned at the same time. In this book it tells the background of each state bird. It goes in dept. of what each bird is know for and the history of it in each state it represent. My kids loved it because they were allowed to make the different sounds of each bird and see all the birds of the United States. It also helped with my classroom morning circle because we teach our students how to identify the state of Louisiana bird, flag, reptile, mammal, and more. ( )
  umorgan | Aug 31, 2017 |
United Tweets of America isn't a book about a social media site, it's a an informational book that takes a humourous look at every single state bird in the United States! The book is written as lively as their illustrations, which are informative but fun. ( )
  jmitra1 | Dec 4, 2014 |
Great book to learn of each state's birds. Good for use in class and/or project for each student to study and present 1 or 2 birds. ( )
  ALGuerra | Jan 21, 2014 |
An avian pageant provides the perfect pretext for an exploration of the state birds in this fun, fact-filled picture-book. With a page devoted to each state (as well as to the District of Columbia, making a total of fifty-one birds, despite the sub-title here), Hudson Talbott presents plenty of information - brief blurbs about each bird, state capitals, state nicknames, famous people from each state - while also keeping up a flow of entertaining banter amongst the bird contestants, each of whom is determined to win the United Tweets Pageant.

Being more familiar with Talbott's retelling of the King Arthur legend - I own his four volume picture-book series, Tales of King Arthur, which begins with The Sword in the Stone - I was curious to see what he would do with a more factual, (mostly) non-fiction work. I'm impressed that he managed to pack so much information into United Tweets of America, but still keep the tone so lighthearted and humorous. With a text that is both educational and entertaining, and colorful artwork that accentuates the fun, this is a book I would recommend to younger bird-lovers - although a picture-book, it is very dense, so I'd say upper elementary or middle school level readers - as well as to young geography enthusiasts. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Apr 11, 2013 |

Learn the nickname and state bird for each state, plus other state trivia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,458,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible