Night World (1) by L. J. Smith

Night World (1) (original 1996; edition 2016)

by L. J. Smith (Author)

Series: Night World (Omnibus 1-3)

Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World. In "Secret Vampire", Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in "Daughters of Darkness".Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in "Spellbinder".… (more)
Member:Lyssy
Title:Night World (1)
Authors:L. J. Smith (Author)
Info:Simon Pulse (2016), 256 pages

Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (1996)

i REALLY enjoyed this book. ( )
  angelgay | Jul 1, 2020 |
finally finished this, and I don't know why I waited so long to read it, or to pick it back up. I'm glad I finally did and I won't take two years to read the other two now :) ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Skipped a lot. Got to the end. Ended how I expected..how it got there, not all the way sure..but I just had to get to the end..Thats why I dont like 3 in one books. I like mine individual!

SECRET VAMPIRE" 5/5

DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS: 4.5/5

SPELLBOUND: 3.5/5 ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
These stories were awesome, the imagery was stunning, the only thing wrong with it was how short they were. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |
This book has the first three novels for the "Night World" Series written by L.J. Smith who also wrote "The Vampire Diaries".

Book #1 Secret Vampire: I think was my favorite of the first 3 books. I really admired the character, Poppy. Poppy's world turns upside down and she has to deal with some tragic situations.

Book #2 Daughters of Darkness: The character Mary-Lynnette is awesome. She is like Nancy Drew with attitude. I actually started liking the character of Ash in this novel. I like where he learns to accept things that are out of his control.

Book #3 Spellbinder: Witches and Vampires oh my!!Imagine two teenager witches in Las Vegas fighting for the affection of one guy. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
[Secret Vampire] For Marilyn Marlow, a marvel of an agent. And with thanks to Jeanie Danek and the other wonderful nurses like her.
[Daughters of Darkness] In memory of John Manford Divola. And for Julie Ann Divola, still the best of best friends.
[Spellbinder] And she would always love the night.
[Secret Vampire] It was on the first day of summer vacation that Poppy found out she was going to die.
[Daughters of Darkness] "Rowan, Kestrel, and Jade," Mary-Lynette said as she and Mark passed the old Victorian farmhouse.
[Spellbinder] Expelled.

In Secret Vampire, Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World.

Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in Daughters of Darkness. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.

Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in Spellbinder.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,695,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible