Everybody Bonjours! by Leslie Kimmelman

Everybody Bonjours!

by Leslie Kimmelman

I did not like this book. I was hoping it would be a little more substantial. The language was very geared towards younger children. it was simple and to the point. "When in Paris... everybody bonjours. From shores. In stores.." and so on. The plot had no excitement to it. I believe the plot was when the little girl and her family had to go home after their trip was over. It was not an exciting book. I personally did not find it interesting. The best part of this book in my opinion was by far the illustrations. Each and every page was filled with bright and vibrant color. There was a wide range between all the hues to make the illustrations more interesting. I think the big picture of this book is that no matter where you go people are always polite and say hello. ( )
  Becca-Friedel | Nov 1, 2016 |
This book was about the term "bonjour" that is used widely in France as a greeting. The little girl in the story is essentially the narrator that tells about the many situations in which one would greet another with bonjour.
  laurenmaune | Nov 16, 2015 |
Summary: This book is about a girl who goes to visit Paris. While she is in Paris, she describes how everyone says bonjour there instead of hello. Throughout her day she visits different places throughout Paris and realizes that everyone she encounters says bonjour. She travels all over Paris and shows the different views of Paris. At the end of the book, the little girl goes back home and realizes that everyone back at home says hello.

Review: The main message of this book was to show how different places use different languages. However, even though we all communicate through different languages, all of our languages have the same meaning. This is clear through the book because the little girl states how everyone throughout Paris says bonjour and then at the end of the book she makes the comparison on how everyone says hello. I think it makes an important connection between the two languages and how they have the same meaning. ( )
  jbaile14 | Nov 25, 2014 |
We liked it. We learned some French. lol ;) ( )
  lmeza | Aug 31, 2013 |
disappointing. I was hoping for more French. ( )
  pam.enser | Apr 1, 2013 |

Shop a fancy France-y store. Eat a pretty petit four. Discover! Sightsee! Explore! On this fun and friendly tour, everybody says “Bonjour!” Whether at a soccer stadium (“players scoring”), a crêpe stand (“batter pouring”), or strolling the Champs d’ Elysee (where folks “bonjour” in every store), a little girl and her family are welcomed everywhere with the signature French greeting. Jump into these pages and enjoy the trip! Through lilting words and lively images, Everybody Bonjours welcomes young reader-travelers to a Paris that isn’t just for artists, grown-ups, and dreamers– it’s for kids!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:50 -0400)

Describes in rhymed text the many ways to use the greeting "Bonjour" when visiting Paris.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,736,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible