Global Justice: Nomos XLI by Ian Shapiro

Global Justice: Nomos XLI

by Ian Shapiro (Editor), Lea Brilmayer (Editor)

5None2,089,928NoneNone
Recently added byMLister, Jwsmith20, danton, jtlevy

No reviews

Shapiro, IanEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brilmayer, LeaEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Though perhaps still in its infancy, globalization has quickly become one of the most dramatic phenomena in recent human history. As the international mobility of capital continues to accelerate and the information revolution renders the idea of a global village ever more vivid, we need to ask what effect this globalization is having on the citizens of this increasingly interconnected world.

What conflicts arise as markets merge and multinational corporations acquire a level of influence and power that increasingly challenges governmental authority? How do we now distinguish between the local and the national and international, and prioritize our commitments to each? How has globalization affected our beliefs about rights, justice, the distribution of wealth, nationalism, statism, and responsibility, and, as importantly, our ability to act on these beliefs?

Bringing together prominent scholars from the U.S. and England to address these crucial questions, Global Justice is, as are all NOMOS volumes, remarkable for the quality and originality of its essays.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:06 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,814,421 books! | Top bar: Always visible