Sally and the Purple Socks

by Lisze Bechtold

1205185,027 (3.73)None
When her tiny purple socks start to expand, Sally turns them into a scarf and then curtains, but things soon get out of hand.

When a duck orders some new socks, she finds that they must be defective as they keep growing and growing. But she manages to find good uses for the ever ridiculously large purple socks. This book teaches the importance of being resourceful and of being happy with what you have. ( )
  JenniferSprinkle | Jun 26, 2019 |
This is a very silly book, about a duck whose too-small socks grow long enough to be a hat and scarf, long enough to be curtains, long enough to be a blanket, long enough to be a carpet, and, finally - long enough to be a circus tent.

Very, very silly. After all, we all know that ducks don't wear socks :) ( )
  conuly | Nov 14, 2010 |
a silly story of a pair of ever growing or shrinking socks
  missi333 | Apr 16, 2009 |
Sally and the Purple Socks was the new picture book for children that I liked. Some pages had sentences, other have either a few words to no words. The storyline was catchy because it tells the story of one thing can be used in various ways. However, the illustration was not my favorite. I am more into bright colors; it brings my eyes more into the book.
  mouaamy | Oct 6, 2008 |
When her tiny purple socks start to expand, Sallyy the duck turns them into a scarf and then curtains, but things soon get out of hand. ( )
  nancyken | Sep 15, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,321,760 books! | Top bar: Always visible