What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's…

What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People (edition 2008)

by Joe Navarro (Author)

1,0201214,394 (3.77)9
He says that's his best offer. Is it? She says she agrees. Does she? The interview went great--or did it? He said he'd never do it again. But he did. Read this book and send your nonverbal intelligence soaring. Joe Navarro, a former FBI counterintelligence officer and a recognized expert on nonverbal behavior, explains how to "speed-read" people: decode sentiments and behaviors, avoid hidden pitfalls, and look for deceptive behaviors. You'll also learn how your body language can influence what your boss, family, friends, and strangers think of you. You will discover: The ancient survival instincts that drive body language Why the face is the least likely place to gauge a person's true feelings What thumbs, feet, and eyelids reveal about moods and motives The most powerful behaviors that reveal our confidence and true sentiments Simple nonverbals that instantly establish trust Simple nonverbals that instantly communicate authority Filled with examples from Navarro's professional experience, this definitive book offers a powerful new way to navigate your world.… (more)
Member:memocan
Title:What Every Body Is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
Authors:Joe Navarro (Author)
Info:William Morrow Paperbacks (2008), Edition: 1, 250 pages
Tags:to-read

What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People by Joe Navarro

info book that teaches you how to read people. The focus is more on detecting lies or abnormalities. ( )
  Wendy_Wang | Sep 28, 2019 |
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
Pretty fascinating book. I'm pretty good at reading other peoples non-verbal cues but HORRIBLE at realizing what my own are. I'm sure I'm the most expressive person ever and I'm sure my body language betrays me all the time. Reading this book just helped me understand why we act and move the way we do even though we're not even aware we're doing it. Each chapter breaks down a different section of the body and how to speed read someone's mood, tell if they're lying, nervous, happy, or uncomfortable based off subtle body movements. I learned the most on the section about feet, they're one of the most expressive parts of your body and also one of the most overlooked. Feet placement can be very indicative of a person's true emotions. Overall an interesting and enlightening read; full of information that I've already started putting to use. ( )
  ecataldi | May 23, 2018 |
Excellent book about how to read body language.

Key takeaways:

- The most telling part of someone's body is actually their feet. Most people don't pay attention to this. Raising feet means wanting to give more strength to an expression. Crossing or anchoring means wanting to protect.

- Men make themselves big them trying to assert themselves.

- Closed posture indicates weakness and defensiveness.

- Women touch neck area when nervous or attacked.

- Touching nose often sign of being unsure.

- We make micro-movements, particularly in our face, that tell how we truly feel about things.

- Closed arms as sign of defensiveness.

- Important to never read these as given truths. Process should be: read someone's default body language, then look for deviating responses to particular cues. ( )
  shakazul | Jul 3, 2017 |
I suppose some people are masters of body language already, or have learned this stuff so long ago that it seems like common-sense to them, but I'm enjoying it and also feeling like I'm learning something. You'd have to read it yourself to know if there's anything you don't already know.

I'm sure people who are socially awkward would benefit from this, whether or not they have Asperger's or are neuro-typical. And should I ever again find myself in a position to need this kind of advice, I will definitely seek this book out. If you're in the dating pool, having trouble with your teens, trying to succeed at job interviews, or otherwise need to communicate using non-verbals as well as words, especially with someone whose complete honesty you are unsure of, I recommend this.

I enjoyed reading it even though I have no immediate need of it. Navarro's amiable and lucid explanatory tone is pleasing, the photos are clear, and the examples illuminating. I also appreciate that the book is well-organized and includes bibliography and index. I just hope bad guys don't study it. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

Joe Navarroprimary authorall editionscalculated
Karlins, Marvinsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,401,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible