Le Porte-Bonheur by Sparks Nicholas.

Le Porte-Bonheur (original 2008; edition 2011)

by Sparks Nicholas. (Auteur)

Is there really such thing as a lucky charm? The hero of Nicholas Sparks's new novel believes he's found one in the form of a photograph of a smiling woman he's never met, but who he comes to believe holds the key to his destiny. The chain of events that leads to him possessing the photograph and finding the woman pictured in it is the stuff of love stories.… (more)
Member:Raeigis
Title:Le Porte-Bonheur
Authors:Sparks Nicholas. (Auteur)
Info:FRANCE LOISIRS (2011)

Work Information

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (Author) (2008)

English (119)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (1)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (124)
Not usually one who reads much romance but I am a sucker for books with German Shepherds in them. Zeus, a GSD, plays an important role in this touching story of a war vet who finds a picture of a woman, and is subsequently convinced that possession of said picture is what brings him luck and keep him safe. When he is discharged, he walks across the country to find the woman in the picture, based on the information he deduces from the background of the photo. I enjoyed it more than I expected. ( )
  JRlibrary | Jul 12, 2021 |
So I'm not usually one for a romance novel, but I thought this was a really good one. My interest was held throughout the book and Nicholas Sparks is such a beautiful writer. He really captured the essence of the south and the beauty of the small town/county side they lived in.

The characters felt so full and fleshed out and it was easy to love (or dislike) specific characters. Nicholas Sparks might be the only romance writer that I will continuously go back to because of this (maybe once or twice a year). ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
A very enjoyable book. Maybe not as emotional as some of Spark's but still a very enjoyable read. ( )
  soosthemoose | Feb 13, 2021 |
More predictable than I would have liked. Really liked Logan and his ways of attempting to solve issues. Enjoyed Nana's sense of humor and views of life as she ran the dog kennel. Agreed that Beth needed to care for her son as well as Nana. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
Pretty typical Nicholas Sparks romance - I am glad I did not see the movie first because when I finished the book I looked up the trailer and I did not love the casting. I would have been sad if I read the book with those actors in mind. While serving overseas after 9/11 - Logan uncovers a laminated picture of a beautiful girl. He keeps it on him and suddenly his luck starts changing. He starts winning at card games - he makes it through numerous battles that his military brethren don't. He stays alive over there BECAUSE of that picture. When he makes it back stateside he is determined to find the woman in the photo. All he has is some geographical markers in the photo and her initials, but that doesn't deter him. He walks from Colorado to the East coast with his dog - to clear his mind and to escape his demons. He doesn't expect that he'll actually find her, but when he does he is blown away by her beauty and charm. He even starts falling for her little boy too. What he doesn't take into consideration is her conniving ex-husband. How can he get her to trust him and how on earth can he ever tell her the truth? Cute, sappy, and a little over the top. Memorable characters make it a fun read. ( )
  ecataldi | Oct 19, 2020 |
For Jamie Raab and Dennis Dalrymple

A year to remember...
and a year to forget.
I'm with you in spirit.
Deputy Keith Clayton hadn't heard them approach, and up close, he didn't like the looks of them any more than he had the first time he'd seen them.
Logan didn't deliver advice, instead he asked Ben what he thought he should do.
Based on her experience with men, most assume that when you talk to them about a problem or a dilema, they were expected to offer an opinion... even when all you really wanted was for them to listen!

"The Lucky One" (pg. 54-112) Thibault had his mind set on finding the woman in the picture. With that, Thibault started planning out how he intended on finding her. He decided that he was going to go to bars where single men might know her. Meanwhile, Clayton was still stressing about the pictures he had taken and the flat tires on the sheriffs car. Clayton was so upset about Thibault lying to him that he went on a hunt to find him;driving around, asking people if they had seen him. Clayton gave up for the day and his son, Ben, came to mind. He was disappointed that Ben hadn't turned out like he wanted him to. Instead of playing sports, he played violen. Clayton got lost in his thoughts so he didn't hear the phone ring. Ben answered it and gave it to Clayton. It was Claytons friend calling to tell him that he was at a bar and some man had a picture of his ex-wife and he was asking for her. Clayton acted like he didn't care and figured the man on the phone was drunk,so he went to bed.

Thibault had met a men and he knew who the woman was in the photograph. He told Thibault her name is Beth Green and that she's a teacher at a local elementary school. Thibault knew the next step was meeting her. While that was happening with Thibault, Beth was working at a pet shop. While she was working she saw a man coming up the driveway with his german shepard. It was Thibault. He walked into the shop and started talking to Beth. He knew it was her. Thibault asked for a job application and so Beth had Nana, her grandma, to interview him. Nana did and she hired him. She knew Beth liked him. Thibault worked the next day but he didn't see Beth much. He like to think of her as Elizabeth. A few days later Thibault ended up meeting her son Ben. Ben liked Thibault a lot but Beth didn't like that Ben had started talking to Thibault.

Hachette Book Group

7 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446579939, 0446505366, 1600243711, 1600243673, 0446698342, 1600246133, 0446618322

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,391,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible