Catherine of Siena : The Dialogue (Classics…

Catherine of Siena : The Dialogue (Classics of Western Spirituality) (edition 1980)

by Catherine Of Siena (Author)

St Catherine of Siena's Dialogue describes the entire spiritual life through a series of conversations between God and the soul, represented by Catherine herself. Readers of The Dialogue of Saint Catherine of Siena, will find her revelations from God as informative - and formative - as those who recognized her sanctity during her life. The universally applicable yet intimately personal messages she received from God are as much for us as they were for Catherine. We can read God's communications to his beloved daughter with detached awe or we can receive His messages to us through her writings. Do you long for certainty that Divine Providence exists in the midst of our chaotic world? Does your prayer seem too dry, or too routine? Have you sought guidance for the challenges of your life from unhelpful people or things? Or has pride kept you from humble obedience to the Church? If so, The Dialogue will provide consolation, encouragement, and hope.… (more)
Member:thetruedudeabides
Title:Catherine of Siena : The Dialogue (Classics of Western Spirituality)
Authors:Catherine Of Siena (Author)
Info:Paulist Press (1980), 398 pages

Work Information

The Dialogue by Catherine of Siena

The Dialogues were dictated by Catherine in ecstasy. A mystical expression of the creed as taught to every child.
  DivineSaviorLibrary | Feb 16, 2018 |
Dictated conversation between a thirty-one year old woman and God during an extended mystical episode. Noteworthy for its literary conceit of Christ as the bridge (a la Florence's Ponte Vecchio) upon which the soul can progress upward by stages. ( )
  sacredheart25 | Jun 1, 2010 |
ST. CATHERINE OF SIENA
  holyfamily | Apr 7, 2009 |
Brillantes consejos de como vivir santamente. ( )
  perla | Aug 6, 2006 |
Good translation, good notes -if you are new to Catherine, start here, if you are not new to her but prefer the Dialogues in English, stay here.
  tole_lege | Nov 16, 2005 |

Catherine of Sienaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Noffke, SuzanneEditor and Translatormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cavallini, GuilianaPrefacesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fiorilli, MatildeEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thorold, AlgarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,148,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible