Payback by Jordan Castillo Price
22None472,889 (3.75)None

First and foremost, this story is mostly sex. Hot sex to a point but not as much as it could be because Michael is distracted the entire time. I was also so thrown for a loop that Price wrote a scene with a three-some when the Psycop series is so vanilla (and I love it) but it set the stage for this very different series which is darker and dirtier.

I'm not passing judgment on threesomes--my purity score is pretty low for someone who hasn't really done drugs so I would be that proverbial pot--but the way this one plays out, a menage-a-trois that is also a one-night stand, is definitely on the grungy side. (Did I really just say that? No diagonal reference intended.)

As the books progress, there is more plot and thus they are longer (there is always lots of hot sex). I wish they were illustrated because I am head over heels in lust with the cover model. (See the version of the cover art for installment five that has him facing sideways holding a gun. He is soooo pretty. I like pretty boys.) ( )
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |
Michael is a boy in hunt. Not for a one night stand but for a vampire. His best friend, Scary Mary, was murdered by a vampire and Michael has spent years to track down the monster. But Michael is not a bold and daring vampire hunter, he is only a goth boy with no much experience of life: in the parcel where he hides the stakes he also takes his favourite eyeliner...

Then finally he finds the club where the vampire prowls. But when he is there he is cruised by Wild Bill: a handsome and selfconscious man, the type Michael will be glad to hook up with if he isn't waiting for a vampire. And then the vampire, Gray, arrives but Wild Bill refuses to let them alone and he tags with them. Maybe Wild Bill will be the key of success for Michael?

The story is very short, less than 40 pages, but it's very very good. I like a lot Michael, so naive and innocent, so pure. And Wild Bill is the right man for him, so bold and sexy. I would be glad to read the de-virgination of Michael by hand of Bill.

This is the first in a series, and I hope the following enstallment will be a continuing story on Michael and Bill. Cause I want so much to read what happens to them!

elisa.rolle | Apr 26, 2008 |

The hunt is on…
Pretty young men and women like Michael’s best friend, Scary Mary, are
disappearing from underground goth clubs all over Detroit. Michael has been
tracking buried newspaper articles and obscure medical reports for over two years,
and he’s finally found the source of the problem. But he can’t exactly go to the cops
and tell them his friend has been murdered by vampires. It’s his duty to start wiping
out the scourge, so he’s posing as bait, and he’s got a bag of sharpened hickory stakes
to do the job.
Everything should go smoothly, given the amount of preparation that Michael’s put
into the hunt. He’s got a practiced repertoire of come-hither looks and a full blister
pack of the date rape drug, Rohypnol. But he didn’t count on Wild Bill showing up.
Bold and sexy, Wild Bill’s the type of guy Michael would have liked to date… if he’d
ever gotten the chance. Despite his best efforts, it seems there’s nothing Michael can
do to shake Bill loose. Looks like they’re in for a wild, wild ride.

Jordan Castillo Price is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,426,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible