Why Is God Laughing?: The Path to Joy and…

Why Is God Laughing?: The Path to Joy and Spiritual Optimism (2008)

by Deepak Chopra

A story about comedian Mickey Fellows and how he overcomes fear, ego, and addiction--the major obstacles to joy. A fresh view on spirituality delivered with a lot of humor.

Chopra creates the parable of L.A. comedian Mickey Fellows who, after his father's death meets Francisco. Mickey and Francisco have conversations regarding the true nature of being being, and Mickey learns the ten reasons to be optimistic - and how to truly laugh. ( )
  hermit | Nov 27, 2010 |
I seem to be going through a series of books dealing with serious topics through humor. Is this a trend or is it something more personal?

This book is written about achieving spiritual optimism but I think it applies to all facets of life – relationships, careers, hobbies, everything.

As I contemplate what to say in this review, it occurs to me that perhaps there is nothing ‘new’ or ‘enlightening’ in the ideas conveyed in this book but Deepak Chopra has a new way of presenting the ideas that feels fresh. For example, rather then being stuck in a rut, he describes it as an addiction to the past. Same idea but by looking at it differently if feels different.

A little ‘new-agey’ but a quick read that will leave you feeling better then when you started.
  CarolO | Apr 24, 2009 |
I can always count on Deepak to have some good words and insights to help on my path. The title was weird and almost turned me off but I'm glad I read it. He gives a well-worded reason to meditate toward the end of the book. ( )
  hammockqueen | Oct 26, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,383,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible