Mla Handbook for Writers of Research Papers…

Mla Handbook for Writers of Research Papers Fourth Edition (original 1977; edition 1995)

by Joseph Gibaldi

The MLA Handbook is published by the Modern Language Association, the authority on MLA documentation style. Widely adopted in high schools, colleges, and publishing houses, the MLA Handbook treats every aspect of research writing, from selecting a topic to submitting the completed paper. The seventh edition is a comprehensive, up-to-date guide to research and writing in the online environment. It provides an authoritative account of MLA documentation style for use in student writing, including simplified guidelines for citing works published on the Web and new recommendations for citing several kinds of works, such as digital files and graphic narratives.--From the publisher.… (more)
Member:bandimal
Title:Mla Handbook for Writers of Research Papers Fourth Edition
Authors:Joseph Gibaldi
Info:Modern Lang. Assoc. of Am. (1995), Paperback

Work Information

MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers by Joseph Gibaldi (1977)

Recently added byStitch53, KayBee930, caveatdumptruck, stevedoles, private library, Mbeeson, PastorAndii

1 ( )
  ejmw | Aug 4, 2021 |
This book is incredibly easy to use with clear, precise examples. The table of contents is easy to search. This book is lacking in a few "special case" citation examples, so when using this I would occassionally have to look on the internet for help. In general though, this book is a great book and a staple to every college student's library. ( )
  Borrows-N-Wants | Nov 10, 2017 |
slightly dated, but still good. Need newer edition.
  JoBass | Jan 28, 2014 |
INDEX
  saintmarysaccden | Nov 18, 2013 |
When I was in college this was the standard for research papers. And I'd agree it's much easier to use and more lucid than the Blue Book I'd later have to use for legal citations. It's true though that this edition, published in 1995 is probably dated. And given I've finished my higher education, I can't see a reason to keep it any longer on my shelves--but it sure gave good service during my college years--and if you're in or about to enter college--I'd certainly recommend getting whatever is the latest edition. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Sep 8, 2013 |

Joseph Gibaldiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Achtert, Walter S.main authorall editionsconfirmed

The MLA Handbook is published by the Modern Language Association, the authority on MLA documentation style. Widely adopted in high schools, colleges, and publishing houses, the MLA Handbook treats every aspect of research writing, from selecting a topic to submitting the completed paper. The expanded, revised, and redesigned sixth edition of the Handbook is a complete, up-to-date guide to documentation style and online research.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,219,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible