Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 2: First Night…

Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 2: First Night (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Joss Whedon, Brian Lynch, John Byrne, Tim Kane, David Messina2 more, Stephen Mooney, Nick Runge

YA. Graphic Novel. First Night begins! What happened on the very night Los Angeles went straight to hell, the incident that ended the Angel television series with such a shocking cliffhanger? Why did the team go their separate ways? And how did Connor rise up to become one of Hell's greatest champions?12 yrs+… (more)
Member:stevepugh
Title:Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 2: First Night
Authors:Joss Whedon
Other authors:Brian Lynch, John Byrne, Tim Kane, David Messina, Stephen Mooney1 more, Nick Runge
Info:IDW Publishing (2009), Paperback, 104 pages
Tags:graphic novel, fiction, fantasy

Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 2: First Night by Joss Whedon (2008)

Pretty good. The story is interesting, and I like that it takes place in destroyed LA. Also, Like the appearance of Spike >. ( )
  vanisheDsaRah | Apr 10, 2018 |
While it was good to see what happened to many of the characters immediately after LA fell, this felt less substantial and a little out of place coming after the first volume, which was set later in time. The artwork varied widely for these short pieces, but almost all of it worked. ( )
  teknognome | Nov 14, 2016 |
An entire book of filler, contributing nothing to the story. And it's not particularly entertaining, either. ( )
  comfypants | Apr 18, 2016 |
The Good: The TV show ended on an epic cliffhanger, where the surviving characters were poised to enter what seemed to be a battle to their deaths. This volume finally answers the question of who survives and how. This alone makes the volume a worthwhile read.

The Bad: Instead of following Volume 1, this goes back to where the show ended. It's what all fans want to know, but making the series out of chronological order is annoying. The artwork is spotty, in relation to the characters. This cover is supposed to be Wesley. You can see that's what they're going for, but cover art is generally perfectly identifiable and this just isn't. The characters in the panels are even less identifiable and it leads to confusion at inconvenient times in the story. ( )
  TequilaReader | Dec 22, 2015 |
*Book source ~ Library

Even though this is Volume 2, this graphic novel takes place right after the end of Angel Season 5, Episode 22 Not Fade Away. It contains short stories about what happens to many characters from the series: Betta (comics), Spike, Illyria, Connor, Lorne, Wesley, Kate, Gwen, Gunn and Civilians. There is also an art gallery at the end followed by some exposé by Brian Lynch. All interesting stuff. And I must add how much I loved Groo’s blog post at the beginning of the book. Good shit there!

I haven’t read any of the other Angel comics, so this is the first one I’ve cracked open. Even though it’s Volume 2, chronologically it takes place before Volume 1. I think. I’m not sure, but I’m about to find out. Anyway, I quite enjoyed both the stories and the artwork in this volume. I have to admit I have no clue who/what that Betta fish thing is, so I guess I need to go back to the comics and find out. I was very happy to see Kate and Gwen again. They were some of my favorite minor characters from the show (Groo was another) and I wish they had stuck around longer. All-in-all I’m quite pleased with this graphic novel. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jul 22, 2015 |

Whedon, Jossprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lynch, BrianAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Man. I bet there’s total excitement out there and I’m missing it all.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,116,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible