Night World No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen;…

Night World No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen; Soulmate (edition 2008)

by L.J. Smith

Series: Night World (Omnibus 4-6)

Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World. In "Dark Angel," Gillian is saved from drowning by her guardian angel. Only visible to Gillian, Angel will fulfill her heart's every desire. But when Angel starts making strange and sinister requests, Gillian must question who he truly is and where he came from. Armed with a wooden stake, martial arts, and the will to resist a vampire's mind control, Rashel struggles to avenge her mother's death in "The Chosen." Then she meets Quinn, her soulmate, who is a part of the world she has vowed to destroy. Hannah receives notes warning her of incredible danger in "Soulmate." But if death is her destiny, is the Lord of the Night World's love strong enough to save her?--From publisher's description.… (more)
Member:clawton1
Title:Night World No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen; Soulmate
Authors:L.J. Smith
Info:Simon Pulse (2008), Edition: Bind-Up, Paperback, 688 pages

Night World No. 2: Dark Angel / The Chosen / Soulmate by L. J. Smith

I absolutely love the Night World series. ( )
  angelgay | Jul 1, 2020 |
So I think my favorite story out of the entire book was "The Chosen" It seemed to have fit the Night World scene a whole lot better than the other two. "Dark Angel", it was good and I liked it, but it still kind of lacked what I got from the first Night World book on the whole Night World aspect of things. "The Chosen" was more involved with the Night World people I think that's why I liked it the best, and "Soulmates" it seemed a little cliche to me. The whole Soulmates, Old souls, destined to be together, but some unknown force is keeping them apart bit. But what really got me about "Soulmates" is all through that she decides to remain human.... all those years of him thinking it was his fault when really it wasn't, and she couldn't even give him forever with her, instead she wants to remain human get old and die, and start it all over again and again. To me I think that's a bit selfish, after over a thousands centuries of torment, and she can give him her humanity and become a vampire to live out forever with him in just one life. UGH! Young Women I swear sometimes. I also like how in each story you see a bit of old characters which kind of tie the entire series together. So I'm down to the last book in this series, wonder what's in store for me in that one? ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
I already own the paperback series, but these hardback editions are beautiful! I absolutely love the way the text ink matches the color of the cover.

I read these books when I was high school - all the way back in the late 90's. I loved them! I loved the characters and the stories and the way they always made my teenaged little heart throb with emotion. They're wonderful!
As an adult, I still find them thrilling, but some of that might be a bit of nostalgia.

This book is really called Secret Vampire. I don't know why the changed the title for these hardback editions. Anyway. The story follows Poppy, a quirky young girl who discovers (on the first day of summer vacation) that she has an incurable disease that's spreading rapidly. Her best friend and secret crush, James, takes this news rather hard. He's been secretly in love with Poppy and that's bad for him because he's secretly a vampire. His world has very strict rules on forming attachments to morals. One night he tells her his secret and offers her a way to survive her disease. ( )
  Sandra_Ruiz | Dec 13, 2018 |
This book has three novels for the "Night World" Series (Books 4,5, & 6) written by L.J. Smith who also wrote "The Vampire Diaries".

Book #4 Dark Angel: This book had me on edge until the very end. The main character Gillian learns what it means to have a real soul mate and how that sometimes people just want to do your harm.

Book #5 The Chosen: This had to be my favorite book in this particular set. I loved the character of Rashel, a strong and determined girl that later grows into a woman that is tough as nails. I really liked her resolve and how she broke down Quinn, a vampire that is just as tough.

Book #6 Soulmate: I like how this book pulled other characters from the previous books to interact with new characters. This book just goes to show that when you think you may be losing your mind, you should think again. Love does prevail through the ages. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
I liked book two better than book one. In my opinion, the characters were more interesting.

Dark Angel ***
The Chosen ****
Soulmate *** ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Night World (Omnibus 4-6)
[Dark Angel] For Janie, Cathy, and Karen
[The Chosen] For Lolly Carter
[Soulmate] For Marion Foster Divola
[Dark Angel] Gillian Lennox didn't mean to die that day.
[The Chosen] It happened at Rashel's birthday, the day she turned five years old.
[Soulmate] The werewolves broke in while Hannah Snow was in the psychologist's office.

In Dark Angel, Gillian dies and comes back to life with an Angel in tow. Angel makes Gillian into the popular girl she's always wanted to be, but she gets suspicious when Angel begins asking her to do sinister things.

In The Chosen, Rashel Jordan is an infamous vampire hunter who finally meets her match in the dangerous John Quinn. When she realizes she can't kill Quinn, she knows she is in big trouble. In Soulmate, Hannah goes to a therapist to figure out the meaning of her disturbing dreams. When she falls for the vampire her subconcious has been warning her about, she has to make a decision that could threaten her life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,496,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible