The House Without a Christmas Tree by Gail…

The House Without a Christmas Tree (1974)

by Gail Rock

In 1946 a ten-year-old girl tries to understand and overcome her stern father's objections to having a Christmas tree in the house.

This is a terribly sweet and heart warming Christmas story. Its all about family and caring about other people more than yourself.

I would recomend this to anyone really, who just wants a heartwarming story. However, I think it would be a lovely family read around the holidays. Something to help kids to understand the real reason for the season. ( )
  sscarllet | Nov 20, 2014 |
Addie Mills just wants to have a Christmas tree like her classmates. But she has to contend with her grouchy father who seems to lack interest in Christmas trees and sadly, has a poor relationship with Addie.
Addie's mother has passed away and Addie relies on her loving and compassionate Grandmother for advice.
This book is beautifully written and hopeful. ( )
  shsunon | Dec 11, 2012 |
For Grandma and Dad
Prologue
Iʼm an artist now, and I live and work in the city.
Chapter One
Carla Mae and I were sitting in our little kitchen at the old wooden table, with our spoons poised in mid-air.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,683,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible