Where's Wally? The Fantastic Journey (1989)

by Martin Handford

Series: Where's Waldo (3)

The reader tries to follow Waldo as he embarks on a fantastic journey among the Gobbling Gluttons, the Battling Monks, the Deep-sea Divers, the Underground Hunters, and the Land of Waldos in search of a special scroll.

English (6)  Spanish (1)  All languages (7)
How much do I love these? You can find me sitting in a bookstore of library, unwilling to check out because I'd have to put them down for a few minutes. Surprisingly, the PandaBat didn't really burn out on them. ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
I loved it when I was a kid... And as soon as I get to buy mu own copy of this I'll read it again! ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
Wally, Waldo, Charlie, Walter, Holger, Valli, Willy, Hetti, and Effy. What do they have in common? They're all the name of a traveler who wears red and white stripes, jeans, glasses and brown shoes. Here in the States we know him as Waldo but he started his journey as Wally in Great Britain. The third book in the series by Martin Handford is The Great Waldo Search (also known as Where's Wally? 3: The Fantastic Journey) and was published in 1989.

The Great Waldo Search requires astute attention to detail. Each scene (spread across two pages) builds on the previous one, requiring the reader to search for a growing number of characters and items. The main focus though on every page is to find three things: Waldo, the Wizard Whitebeard and a scroll. There are also characters from previous scenes hidden in each of the scenes.

The scenes included are:
The Knights of the Magic Flag
The Unfriendly Giants
The Underground Hunters
The Land of Waldos
Sean and I have worked through the book together three times and we still haven't managed to find Waldo on every page. We are completely stumped on "The Ferocious Red Dwarves", "The Unfriendly Giants" and "The Underground Hunters." ( )
1 vote pussreboots | Jan 18, 2015 |
I have a lot of fun finding Wally and all the other things in this book. ( )
  Mikelodeon | May 10, 2012 |
Great Fun! ( )
  AnneDenney | Mar 27, 2011 |

Martin Handfordprimary authorall editionscalculated
Faria, Ana PaulaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Abulí, EnriqueTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For everyone who has helped me, especially Bryn, David Bennett, David, Matthew, Sarah, Sebastian and Steve.
Then Wally and Wizard Whitebeard came to the place where the invisible monks of fire fought the monks of water and as Wally searched for the second scroll, he saw that many Wallies had been this way before and when he found the scroll, it was time to continue his journey.

Candlewick Press

3 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763603090, 0763619221, 0763635006

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,980,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible