The Knife of Never Letting Go (2008)

by Patrick Ness

Series: Chaos Walking (1)

5,3563711,479 (4.01)1 / 437
Pursued by power-hungry Prentiss and mad minister Aaron, young Todd and Viola set out across New World searching for answers about his colony's true past and seeking a way to warn the ship bringing hopeful settlers from Old World.

English (360)  French (3)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (369)
I couldn't put it down. I just needed to stay in the story with Todd. And Manchee. It's sad and frightening and I need to know how it ends. ( )
  Faramir53530 | Jul 12, 2021 |
I really loved this book! Set in the future, Todd Hewitt is a young boy living in a time where there are no longer any women - but what they do have is "noise". Infected with a virus that, to Todd's understanding, killed the women but left the men with the ability to hear everyone's thoughts, Todd finds himself in danger (but doesn't know why). This is a tightly written novel that leaves you wanting the next book in the trilogy in your hot little hands!

(and it has the best talking dog, ever.) ( )
  jenncaffeinated | Jul 4, 2021 |
LOVE, LOVE!!!!! I listened to the audio book and it brought a new dimension to the experience. ( )
  hootowl1978 | May 4, 2021 |
This is more Golden Compass than Hunger Games. I got the second one before I finished the first one because I knew I would be mad if it had to wait. ( )
  KittyCunningham | Apr 26, 2021 |
this book was kinda hard to get into for like... 2 thirds of it, but during the last part I was so glad I didnt give up on the book, because it was really good. Cant wait to read the next books. :-D ( )
  Mithra_Azad | Mar 26, 2021 |
added by lucyknows | editSCIS (pay site)

Patrick Nessprimary authorall editionscalculated
Podehl, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Folio SF (492)
If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence.
George Eliot, Middlemarch
For Michelle Kass
The first thing you find out when yer dog learns to talk is that dogs don't got nothing much to say.

Silence in the noise,
questing and learning to trust,
dangerous New World.
(leahdawn)
Todd Hewitt is the
last boy in Prentisstown. What
will make him a man?
(passion4reading)

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763639311, 0763645761

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,490,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible