Living Without God: New Directions for…

by Ronald Aronson (Author)

81None283,125 (3.78)None
Ronald Aronson has a mission: to demonstrate that a life without religion can be coherent, moral, and committed. Optimistic and stirring,Living Without God is less interested in attacking religion than in developing a positive philosophy for atheists, agnostics, secular humanists, skeptics, and freethinkers. Aronson proposes contemporary answers to Immanuel Kant's three great questions: What can I know? What ought I to do? What can I hope? Grounded in the sense that we are deeply dependent and interconnected beings who are rooted in the universe, nature, history, society, and the global economy,Living Without God explores the experience and issues of 21st-century secularists, especially in America. Reflecting on such perplexing questions as why we are grateful for life's gifts, who or what is responsible for inequalities, and how to live in the face of aging and dying,Living Without God is also refreshingly topical, touching on such subjects as contemporary terrorism, the war in Iraq, affirmative action, and the remarkable rise of Barack Obama.… (more)
Member:Library.Tech.Chick
Title:Living Without God: New Directions for Atheists, Agnostics, Secularists, and the Undecided
Authors:Ronald Aronson (Author)
Info:Counterpoint (2009), Edition: Reprint, 256 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Work Information

Living Without God: New Directions for Atheists, Agnostics, Secularists, and the Undecided by Ronald Aronson

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,554,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible