A Good Girl Comes Undone

by Polly Williams

Annie doesn't do pink. She's a successful magazine journalist who wears black and works hard and doesn't need looking after. Which is just as well. Her aging parents have invested their life-savings on a dodgy pension scheme. Her sister's attempts at achieving A Very Good Marriage aren't quite going to plan. And then, changing the dynamic of her relationship with the flick of a P45, boyfriend Nick takes voluntary redundancy in order to 'find himself'. Annie, now the sole breadwinner, suddenly discovers she finds stay-at-home Nick a complete turn-off. As her relationship unravels, Annie tries very hard not to notice the new alpha exec at work. No, she really doesn't like him. But, weirdly, he does make her want to wear pink ...A novel about money, power and femininity, and why we want to sleep with men we shouldn't.… (more)
4 (1) 2008 (1) 2008-11 (1) 2014 (1) box 030B (1) C (1) chick lit (2) fiction (4) Kate (1) read (2) Remember Me (1) to-read (2) trashionista-recs (1)

Very good, and quite funny in places. But I wasn't sure I liked the ending. ( )
  26kathryn | Jun 12, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,331,950 books! | Top bar: Always visible