We Will Get to the Promised Land: Martin…

We Will Get to the Promised Land: Martin Luther King, Jr's… (edition 2006)

by H. J. Lee

1011,551,711 (4)None
This book explores the entire scope of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s spirituality: its roots, formation, growth, nature, character, and dynamics as well as its political aspects, which were shaped by his experience and influences. The author contends that understanding King's multifaceted spirituality will enable the faithful to build the Beloved Community, which he equates to the Promised Land.… (more)
Member:atizon1
Title:We Will Get to the Promised Land: Martin Luther King, Jr's Communal-political Spirituality
Authors:H. J. Lee
Info:Pilgrim Press, The (2006), Paperback, 240 pages

Work Information

We Will Get to the Promised Land: Martin Luther King, Jr's Communal-political Spirituality by H.J. Lee

This book by Dr. Lee is a fine book about the spirituality of Dr. King and how it had an effect on his work in civil rights movement. Not a biography, nor an exposition of his theology, Lee shows the intellectual and cultural factors that influenced King's worldview. He then applies this study to King's work in the civil rights movement. In addition, he shows how King's spirituality plays an important part in understand and responding to events in our world, including the work of Archbishop Desmond Tutu, the Dalai Lama, and Terrorism. ( )
  morningrob | May 26, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,053,221 books! | Top bar: Always visible