Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice…

Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation (edition 1999)

by Parker J. Palmer (Author)

With wisdom, compassion, and gentle humor, Parker J. Palmer invites us to listen to the inner teacher and follow its leadings toward a sense of meaning and purpose. Telling stories from his own life and the lives of others who have made a difference, he shares insights gained from darkness and depression as well as fulfillment and joy, illuminating a pathway toward vocation for all who seek the true calling of their lives.… (more)
Member:Marytudor
Title:Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation
Authors:Parker J. Palmer (Author)
Info:Jossey-Bass (1999), Edition: 1, 128 pages

Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation by Parker J. Palmer

PAFM | Jul 10, 2020 |
The full title of the book includes the phrase, "Listening to the Voice of Vocation," which could mislead one (such as me) into thinking the book was about careers. But the book is really not about carreers, but about hearing and responding to your personal calling.. In spite of its short length, it is full of ideas and observations about connecting to our inner selves, the inner core of our being that helps give meaning and fulfillment in our lives.
An example of the kind of thinking found in this book comes from this question it poses, "Do you waste time on anger, or invest it in hope?"
The book is about growth and change, realizing that change is neither easy not fast, but instead recommends, "Changing as slowly as ripening fruit." The kind of personal change that is like ripening fruit is usually called "growth," and this book presents some excellent ideas about the change that develops only through growth.
In short, it is a wonderful and insightful read and I am very glad to have experienced it. ( )
  Paul-the-well-read | Apr 18, 2020 |
This is a little gem of a book. I think it would make a wonderful gift for graduates or people in life transitions. ( )
  trinker | Jan 9, 2020 |
LET YOUR LIFE SPEAK is based on the question, "Is the life I am living the same as the life that wants to live in me?"
  SABC | Oct 6, 2019 |
A compassionate and compelling meditation on discovering your path in life.
  PendleHillLibrary | Mar 6, 2018 |
For Heather Marie Palmer, my granddaughter. May you always treasure true self . . .
Ask me whether what I have done is my life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,679,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible