The Boys' Book: How to Be the Best at…

The Boys' Book: How to Be the Best at Everything (edition 2007)

by Dominique Enright (Author)

Series: Boys' Books (1)

A guide for boys reveals how they can become the best at such accomplishments as writing in secret code, reading a compass, getting an egg in a bottle, making stink bombs, and hypnotizing a chicken.
Member:JMII
Title:The Boys' Book: How to Be the Best at Everything
Authors:Dominique Enright (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2007), Edition: 1st Edition, 128 pages

Work Information

The Boys' Book: How to Be the Best at Everything by Dominique Enright

English
  Nalwoga | Jul 10, 2017 |
The Boy's Book, How to Be the Best at Everything by Bart King is one of my favorite non fictions books. This book can teach a boy many useful skills, such as stick boat racing, or how to serve like a Wimbledon Champion. The book teaches how to eat fancy and includes tips like do not say disgusting at the dinner table unless you are referring to something other than food. It even instructs you on emergency and crisis management skills such as how to wrestle an alligator by getting on its back and wait until the jaw is closed and hold it closed until you can duck tape the mouth closed. Finally a survival tip I found fascinating was how to scare off a Bear by putting a jacket above your head to make you look tall, stand and face it, throwing your sandwich at it to divert its attention.

This book should be on every boy's shelf. He should read it again and again because the information is useful and fun. It teaches skills everyone should know. It could even save your life! I highly recommend this to kids of all ages. Buy it! Read it! ( )
  ethand.G1 | Jan 18, 2017 |
Extremely sexist. ( )
  ethanlu121 | Apr 28, 2016 |
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Although not as comprehensive and complete as Bart King's amazing THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, this book is a good start for younger boys (and girls!) looking to impress their friends with how awesome they can be.

If you've ever wondered how to fly a helicopter, or needed to know how to avoid being eaten by a bear, or planned to show your superhuman strength by ripping a phone book in half, then THE BOYS' BOOK is for you.

This short guide (less than 120 pages) is filled with tips, tricks, hints, and helpful knowledge that anyone can use to make themselves look like a genius. Because, as you know, not everyone knows how to survive a volcanic eruption, freeze a finger, get an egg into a bottle, or send a message by semaphore.

Optimus sum. Which, by the way, means "I am the best" in Latin. ( )
1 vote GeniusJen | Oct 11, 2009 |
We bought the whole series (mom, dad, boy, girl, but haven't found the family one yet) and I've found all of them cute. They do attempt to engage a wide variety of ages. Personally I bought them for bathroom reading and I think its a perfect spot for these books! Light, cute, and kind of interesting!

I must say my eight year old son was taken instantly because he some how opened the book right to a section titled, "How to annoy your sister or brother."
  VriesemaFamily | May 13, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,229,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible