Perspectives on the World Christian…

Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: A Reader (Perspectives) (edition 2013)

by Ralph D. Winter (Editor)

1,416610,243 (4.06)None
This book is a multi-faceted collection of readings focused on the biblical, historical, cultural, and strategic dimensions of the task of world evangelization. The editors have pooled the contributions of over 70 authors to provide laymen and college students with an introduction to the history and potential of the World Christian Movement, a movement of men and women who have responded with courage and conviction to the challenges of this task. - Back cover.… (more)
Member:BunaJunkie
Title:Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: A Reader (Perspectives)
Authors:Ralph D. Winter (Editor)
Info:William Carey Library (2013), 782 pages

Work Information

Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: A Reader by Ralph D. Winter

Good book - I actually liked the older versions of this book better. For those who want to learn about missions, this is a good primer. ( )
  donbarger | Mar 27, 2020 |
It's always a joy to finish a textbook. No matter how interesting the topic, reading a textbook is an effort and I'm very glad to see the last page. Perspectives is a course on cross cultural mission work that friends have been recommending for years. As interesting as it sounds, I've never taken it--a 15 week course is a time commitment I don't think I can afford at this stage in life. A couple of years ago, however, I happened to see an earlier edition of the textbook at a used book sale. After a few months of letting sit on my shelf, I finally cracked it open and have spent quite some time slowly making my way through the biblical, historical, cultural and strategic perspectives of Christianity. It's been a fascinating and thought provoking ride. I feel vindicated in not trying to squeeze the course into my daily life. But it also pushes me to question my priorities and wonder how I might be a better servant of Jesus here in my own corner of the world. Read this book at your own risk.
--J. ( )
  Hamburgerclan | Oct 1, 2014 |
This is the textbook used in the "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement" class taught in cities all over the U.S. by www.perspectives.org.
  heritagechurch | Mar 4, 2011 |
A very long book. There are stories from every corner of the world. It is a great resource, if you can wade through all the information. ( )
  w_bishop | Jan 2, 2008 |
This books has impacted my life more than any other excepting the Bible! Read this book! Better yet, take the class that it is the text for: www.perspectives.org ( )
  hogan1040 | Sep 28, 2007 |

A-3

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,270,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible