The Lost Glass Plates of Wilfred Eng

by Thomas Orton

51None400,488 (3.6)1
Disgraced photo dealer and art historian Robert Armour stumbles upon the long-lost glass negatives of Chinese-American photographer Wilfred Eng. The plates, nudes of a beautiful young woman taken in 1874, bring certainty to the rumor of an interracial affair between Eng and Ellen McFarland, wife of the business tycoon who was Eng's patron. Their difficult affair becomes an obsession for Armour and the backdrop for the novel as he struggles for professional redemption and love.… (more)

No reviews
We are immortal, I know it sounds like a joke. --Julio Cortazar
For my family, and for the memory of my father

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,278,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible