Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Tempest (Folger Shakespeare Library) (original 1610; edition 2004)
by William Shakespeare, Barbara A. Mowat (Editor), Paul Werstine (Editor)
The Tempest by William Shakespeare (1610)
Favourite Books (222)
Books Read in 2016 (311)
Readable Classics (14)
Plays I Like (4)
100 World Classics (44)
Out of Copyright (57)
Folio Society (621)
Unread books (955)
Is contained in
Is retold in
Has the (non-series) sequel
Has the adaptation
Is parodied in
Is replied to in
Has as a study
Has as a student's study guide
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743482832, Mass Market Paperback)Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Barbara A. Mowat
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:55 -0400)
Prospero, the deposed Duke of Milan, uses his skill at controlling natural forces to cause the shipwreck of his old opponents, forcing them to seek refuge on the island where he and his daughter Miranda have been living in exile, and setting the stage for Miranda to fall in love with Ferdinand, the prince of Naples. Includes explanatory notes, plot summaries, critical essay, and illustrations.
(summary from another edition)
3 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by Ediciones Encuentro.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.