The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by…

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens (original 1998; edition 2014)

by Sean Covey (Author)

Being a teenager is both wonderful and challenging. In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, author Sean Covey applies the timeless principles of the 7 Habits to teens and the tough issues and life-changing decisions they face. In an entertaining style, Covey provides a step-by-step guide to help teens improve self-image, build friendships, resist peer pressure, achieve their goals, get along with their parents, and much more. In addition, this book is stuffed with cartoons, clever ideas, great quotes, and incredible stories about real teens from all over the world. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens will engage teenagers unlike any other book. An indispensable book for teens, as well as parents, grandparents, and any adult who influences young people, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens is destined to become the last word on surviving and thriving as a teen and beyond.… (more)
Member:ErinMarieSchlageter
Title:The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
Authors:Sean Covey (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster (2014), Edition: Updated, 288 pages

Work Information

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey (1998)

(32)

I originally read this book as a college student. I think at that point I was a tad bit too old. I have a feeling this was a book I got during a window in time where I could get books cheap on eBay. I found it recently while going through some stuff. I read it again in preparation for giving it to my nephew.
For a book published in 1998 I think it has withstood time. It does not address tech or anything specific that has come and gone since then. It addressed things that effect teens in every era. I appreciate the format of the book, starting with private life, then public life, tied together with how to renew oneself. It is written in a voice that should resonate with any teen in almost any circumstance. It is not preaching but rather showing the experience of other young people.
I would recommend this book, or an updated version if there is one, to any teen in your life. It makes me want to go get one of the adult versions and makes me question why I have not already done so. ( )
  jenniebooknerd | Dec 31, 2021 |
it is a motivational book related to teen aging habits. ( )
  alishkakhan | Oct 18, 2021 |
I hated this book with every bone in my body. I was forced to read it as my summer reading book for freashman year, and it did not help me one bit. I think that fact that I was forced to read it contributed to the hatred, but it was also content. I felt like I wasn't gaining any information that I didn't already know, and there was no story or exiting details that made it interesting to read. There was not much substance to this book, and although it presented solutions to teens' problems, it wasn't anything new that I haven't already been told by everyone else in my life. This book did not drive me to manage my time or be proactive. All it did was waste my time. ( )
  lstimpfl22 | Nov 6, 2020 |
the book was very to the point and provided facts that would be helpful in life. Unfortunatly for me i did not find this book very captivating and therefore did not retain much of the information provided in the book. ( )
  slabuda22 | Nov 6, 2020 |
I was not a big fan of this book because it contained a lot of information that was not relatable to a teenager. The organization of the book was poor and the language was plain and not very interesting. Furthermore, I did not learn how to be a more effective teen by reading this book. ( )
  englishcredit1 | Nov 7, 2019 |
To Mom
for all the lullabies
and late-night talks

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,743,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible