Thompson Chain-Reference Bible: KJV

by Frank Charles Thompson

An easy-to-learn, easy-to-use tool for in-depth Bible study With a patented reference system beloved and acclaimed for more than five generations, the Thompson® Chain-Reference® Bible is unparalleled in its ability to enrich personal devotions, topical study, and sermon preparation. This easy-to-learn, easy-to-use system enables you to see the breadth of Scripture's teachings on thousands of topics. With over 100,000 references listed in the Bible's margins, covering over 8,000 topics, the chain-reference system is an ideal tool for comprehensive topical study. You can also expand your Bible study with even more tools, including biographical sketches, an archeological supplement, and outlines of each book of the Bible. The Thompson Chain-Reference Bible allows Scripture to interpret itself without commentaries. Features: Full text of the King James Version (KJV) Easy to understand Chain-Reference System with over 100,000 references in the margins References cover over 8,000 topics, each with its own pilot number for exhaustive topical study Complete alphabetical and numerical indices listing all 8,000 topics with corresponding pilot numbers and Bible references for comprehensive topical study  Bible study aids such as biographical sketches of the most prominent people in the Bible, an archeological supplement, glossary, concordance, Bible harmonies, and outlines of each book of the Bible Key Verses and Key Thoughts provide basic information you can use to develop your own study Verse Analysis shows the topics and themes of every verse and provides easy reference to other verses with the same topics or themes 16-page full-color map section Words of Christ in red Satin ribbon marker Presentation page for gift-giving Gold gilded page edges Leathersoft(tm) cover lies flat when open 8.3-point type size… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I started reading the King James Version--or rereading as the case may be--in May 2023. I read Psalms and Proverbs in May. I started the Old Testament and New Testament in June 2023. I finished July 28, 2023.

I discovered this 'gem' at a used bookstore. Though almost all Thompson Chain Reference Bibles that I've seen are red letter, this one is BLACK LETTER.

I would love to learn how to use the Chain Reference system. I didn't attempt to learn it this time around. I was just appreciating this one for the layout. I definitely plan to reread this one.

I love the King James Version. This was a good edition. It does have self-pronouncing text (syllable guidance). (This isn't my favorite feature. In fact it's a least favorite feature usually). It is verse-by-verse. I am getting more used to verse-by-verse, but I do prefer paragraphing. ( )
  blbooks | Jul 27, 2023 |
Includes Text Cyclopedia, Analyses of books, outline of character studies, pictorial maps, etc
  MenoraChurch | May 7, 2023 |
  MenoraChurch | May 7, 2023 |
The Thompson Chain-Reference is the greatest Bible ever printed. The chain links, the numbers, the supplements, the annotations, there are very few ways you could improve upon this Bible. Good ol KJV too, although they have other translations now as well. ( )
  tuckerresearch | May 11, 2018 |
My favorite Bible!!!
Absolutely wonderful for Bible study help!!! ( )
  dayspring777 | Feb 22, 2016 |
This is the KJV version of the Thompson Chain-Reference Bible. Do not combine with the NASB, NIV, NKJV, or other translations.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,624,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible