Thompson Chain-Reference Bible: KJV by Frank…

Thompson Chain-Reference Bible: KJV

by Frank Charles Thompson

Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

My favorite Bible!!!
Absolutely wonderful for Bible study help!!! ( )
  dayspring777 | Feb 22, 2016 |
I starting reading the Bible when I was 5 years old - random readings. I was a 'born again' Christian by the age of 15 years old. Then as a young adult, I started studying the Bible via church leaders and scholars. I participated fully in church and church related activities. Took many courses from seminaries and bible schools. Then in my thirties, I found the need to read the Bible without outside influence. So, I read it cover to cover -- Gen. 1:1 to Rev. 22:21 -- six times from 1980 to 1986. I filled dozens of spiral notebooks with my findings, feelings and thoughts. About half-way through my 7th reading I discovered I had become an atheist -- a lack of belief in god(s). The Bible and all religious tomes (I have read the major ones) have stories, proverbs and parables that can offer insight into the kinder, gentler side of humanity. They also show us how fear, power and prejudice can cause people to assign responsibility for these 'failings' to a god or gods. So yes, I think the Bible is worth reading but not just the 'feel good' parts -- read all of it if you are going to read it.
  Meandu91 | Apr 4, 2013 |
Frank Thompson devised his own system of adding topical notes in the margin of his own bible over 100 years ago. This system has been enlarged and improved on over the years to include modern-day topics and several Bible versions. All are useful to serious students of the Bible, ministers and teachers. An excellent addition to any reference collection on the Bible and Christianity. ( )
  drj | Sep 2, 2008 |
In my opinion, the most useful study Bible around. Excellent cross refrences; excellent study helps in the back; the notes are probably the least skewed to any particular theology of any study Bible I've seen. Tops!! I couldn't recommend the Thompson Chain Reference Bible more highly!! ( )
  GrinningDwarf | Oct 14, 2006 |
This is the KJV version of the Thompson Chain-Reference Bible. Do not combine with the NASB, NIV, NKJV, or other translations.

76 Bible helps Outlines Archaeological supplement India paper Red letter 7 X 9 1/4 % Font size: 8

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,296,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible