Glorious Knits

by Kaffe Fassett

"The most inspirational how-to book since Martha Stewart's Entertaining."--Washington Post. "The undisputed leader of the knitwear and needlecraft revolution, Kaffe Fassett has elevated knitting to an artform."--New York Times 120 full-color photographs. From the Trade Paperback edition.

Carol Sinton
  PTArts | Oct 6, 2021 |
As you will see from the fact that I carry around Deb Menz while being slightly nervous about actually opening her up, I'm scared of colour. I'd done little colour knitting and what I have done has been a labour of insecurity.

People like Menz start talking about hue and saturation and primary and - well, isn't there an easier way of finding out if you can knit purple and yellow together?

Kaffe Fassett said the only thing I've ever taken to happily about colour...if you knit two or three or four colours together, they have to match. A mistake is a disaster. Knit twenty-five or thirty colours together and nothing can go wrong. Brilliant! And intuitively easy to understand. ( )
  bringbackbooks | Jun 16, 2020 |
Color, color, color in beautiful patterns, simple stitches and classic, comfortable styles.
  HGBV | Apr 26, 2016 |
My first coffee table knitting book. I got this book in 1985 and I still open the book and am dazzled.
Fassett's use of colour is absolutely fearless and inspiring.
A must for all knitters and craftspeople. ( )
  TallGrrl | Feb 17, 2008 |
Wonderful color combinations in flattering basic shapes. The sweaters can be knit without working the colors & still look good ! Good directions, easy to follow. I'd think even a novice could knit these. ( )
  SharonLC | Dec 2, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,200,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible