To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams

To Green Angel Tower (original 1993; edition 1994)

by Tad Williams

Member:sdobie
Title:To Green Angel Tower
Authors:Tad Williams
Info:Daw Books (1994), Mass Market Paperback
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fantasy, epic fantasy, memory sorrow and thorn, tad williams, hardback, removed, locus poll bfn top 10

To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams (1993)

Recently added byggoldby, deesbooknook78, esplanades, Ndkchk, private library, mcdermos, DavidClemens, ralphruff

This series is so underrated. Amazing Osten Ard is back and we see battles, escapes, voyages through the Wran, Sithi-man relations, and so much more. This series has made me dig fantasy so much more.

Thank you Tad Williams. ( )
  JohnLambrechts | Sep 24, 2018 |
Tad Williams is phenomenal! ( )
  Eternal.Optimist | Aug 22, 2018 |
Review pending. Leaving it at a 5 for now. Because of feels. I can't wait to see what goes on in the new trilogy. Next up I have Heart of What Was Lost... ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
A fantastic ending to a fantastic series, though this book doesn't just close up the entire series, The last book in the trilogy sets up it's own themes, getting darker and hitting more impactful notes. The character development is fantastic, as you really see Simon grow along with the many other characters. The best part is the worldbuilding. I started to feel very connected to the world and all the different cultures and landscapes. It is definitely not a short book, but it is worth it. A great trilogy that fully comes together in this last book, giving a sense of closures but still wishing there was more. While there was a sense of accomplishment after finishing this massive tome, I was still saddened have it end. ( )
  renbedell | Jan 3, 2017 |
I actually read the ebook version, not the hardcover. Only the ebooks were divided into the Part I and Part II for greeds sake, so I found a full edition online, and bypassed the publishers all together. Screw the publishers, more power to the authors.

Anyway. Lots of fighting, anguish, etc, etc as everybody makes their way to Green Angel Tower[hence the title]. Then everything gets tossed on its head, then the end.

I had forgotten so much, or mis-remembered, that this was all pretty new again. The penultimate ending, where it boils down to Simon having a Kum-by-Ya moment for Ineluki and forgiving him and thus spoiling all his plans really made me shrug and say Come on!!". The ending was a good wrap up and a nice feel good for all the stuff we'd waded through.

Now. Characters. What a bunch of selfish, immature, yada, yada, yada. Everytime someone would go off on their own and not tell anybody or try to be all noble with "It is MY burden to bear" made me want to throttle that person. Miriamelle in particular. Or someone would have revelation of thought, then NOT share it with everyone around them saying "I need to go over this some more". I mean, the END OF THE FRAKKING WORLD is happening and you want to polish your thoughts so if your idea can save the day, it sounds good? Save the day first, then polish, or at least tell someone else so if you die or get separated, your idea can still go forward. It really irked me.

The good. Everything else in the book that wasn't in the above paragraph. This was a monster book [the paperbacks were split into 2 volumes cause the spines couldn't handle it] and there wasn't really any place where I lost track of what was going on or who was doing what. I thought that was an exceptional accomplishment on Williams' part.

This trilogy is highly, highly recommended for beginner fantasy readers and highly recommended for everyone else." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This is the complete version of "To Green Angel Tower" - consisting of what has also been published of Part 1 Part 2. See the Series page for further information.

As the Storm King's power grows, the loyal allies of Prince Josua struggle to rally their forces at the Stone of Farewell. There, Simon and the surviving members of the League of the Scroll attempt to unravel a prophecy that may ultimately allow them to strike down the undead Storm King and bring peace to the kingdom. This epic saga concludes as Simon travels back to castle Hayholt to confront Ineluki.

Available in one volume for the first time since its hardcover publication over a decade ago-The FINAL book in the trilogy that launched one of the most important fantasy writers of our time

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:48 -0400)

The loyal allies of Prince Josua desperately struggle to rally their forces at the Stone of Farewell against the evil minions of the undead Sithi Storm King.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,653,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible