Dead Reckoning by Linda Castillo

Dead Reckoning

by Linda Castillo

I actually enjoyed this book and it kept my interest. I'm gonna have to read more of Linda's soon books. ( )
  askum | Mar 13, 2013 |
Dead Reckoning started out well but just didn't have the "glue" it needed to keep the reader turning pages. It is very strongly written in all the plot points but the transitions are where you just have to push through.

At some points I would go "wait a minute? Didn't these two characters hate each other in the last chapter?" Also, the climax was a little too 'high-budget action movie script' for my tastes. It never really reached the point of corn, but it toed the line.

The plot was very original for a romantic thriller and I think if the transition points were smoothed out, this book could definitely be a winner. The characters were likeable and real and you really wanted them to pull through it. The bad guys almost didn't seem bad enough, though - more attention could have been given to their dastardly ways. I could easily see this book being another 200 pages long and not suffering at all.

Overall, I did enjoy the book and the story but it probably won't be one of my favorites. ( )
  imaginelove | Aug 16, 2006 |
"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." William Shakespear
Cashiering at the Snack and Gas wasn't the dream job Evangeline Worth had always imagined, but then she'd always has big dreams.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042520720X, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:34 -0400)

Assistant D.A. Kate Megason is about to prosecute the case of her career when someone starts sending her terrifying messages. Someone who obviously knows her deep, dark secret. Now, she needs the help of Frank Matrone--an investigator with his own shadowy past--or else Kate may have no chance of surviving a killer's brutal wrath.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,323,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible