Love in the 90s: B.B. & Jo - The Story of a Lifelong Love : A…

by Keri Pickett

57None383,453 (4.33)1
"In 1928 Josie Lou Lydia Walker was thirty-two years old. Everyone assumed she would be a spinster. She had grown up poor in Oklahoma, worked her way through college, and been ordained as a minister, traveling from Oklahoma to Kentucky to Missouri setting up religious education programs." "World War I veteran B. B. Blakey, co-owner of a Tulsa, Oklahoma, hardware store, was thirty-three and had broken off an engagement with a local beauty. Having second thoughts, he went to Enid, Oklahoma, to see her at the home of friends - and one Josie Walker opened the door." "B.B. and Josie would write over seven hundred letters to each other over the next year and a half as they fell deeply in love. As Josie traveled through a more innocent America, B.B.'s letters marked "Personal" and "Special Delivery" found her in small towns and train stops. Now this wonderful exchange of writing, so filled with the joy of discovering each other, is collected here by B.B. and Jo's granddaughter, award-winning photographer Keri Pickett. Along with their commentary on love, marriage, and family, she shows us a relationship most people only dream about - and to which all of us aspire."--BOOK JACKET.Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved… (more)

No reviews
This book is dedicated to my family
for providing an environment where
hugging and kissing and saying I love you
are as natural a part of life as breathing
[Introduction] This book is a portrait, in photographs and letters, of a relationship that remained an abiding romance and a deeply affectionate friendship for sixty-four years.
Bernard Buckner Blakey was born on February 22, 1895, on a farm near Maude, Missouri.
[This Book is My Family and My Life] As my Grandma says: "I'm happy, not for myself, but because the book might help somebody, and all I've ever wanted to do is be of help."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,060,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible