SantaThing signup ends Monday at 12pm Eastern US. Check it out!
dismiss

Ezra; Nehemiah (1965)

by Jacob M. Myers

Series: Anchor Bible (14)

322None63,844 (3.4)None
The Anchor Bible Commentary is the collaborative effort of Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish scholars from around the world.

No reviews

My Colleagues on
The Faculty of
The Lutheran Theological Seminary
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Dedicated to My Revered Teachers and My Colleagues on The Faculty of The Lutheran Theological Seminary Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
PREFACE
The period and literary deposit of Ezra-Nehemiah pose for the student of the Old Testament some of the most difficult and tantalizing problems connected with biblical history and literature.
The Chronicler's treatment of the Ezra-Nehemiah period can be understood only in light of a survey of as much of exilic and postexilic history as can be gleaned from the available sources. [p. XiX, Introduction]
HISTORY
The Chronicler's treatment of the Ezra-Nehemiah period can be understood only in light of a survey of as much exilic and post-exilic history as can be gleaned from the available sources.
1. CYRUS RELEASES THE JEWS
(1 1-11)†
The edict of Cyrus
I 1 And in the first year of Cyrus the king of Persia -- to fulfill the word of Yahweh from Jeremmiah -- Yahweh aroused the spirit of Cyrus the king of Persia who made the following proclamation throughout all his kingdom and which he also posted officially in writing....
(p. 3)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,359,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible