My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and…

My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and Insights of a Road Racing Icon (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Bart Yasso, Kathleen Parrish, Amby Burfoot (Foreword)

With My Life on the Run, Bart Yasso--an icon of one of the most enduringly popular recreational sports in the United States--offers a touching and humorous memoir about the rewards and challenges of running. Recounting his adventures in locales like Antarctica, Africa, and Chitwan National Park in Nepal (where he was chased by an angry rhino), Yasso recommends the best marathons on foreign terrain and tells runners what they need to know to navigate the logistics of running in an unfamiliar country. He also offers practical guidance for beginning, intermediate, and advanced runners, such as 5-K, half marathon, and marathon training schedules, as well as advice on how to become a runner for life, ever-ready to draw joy from the sport and embrace the adventure that each race may offer… (more)
Member:megzanne
Title:My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and Insights of a Road Racing Icon
Authors:Bart Yasso
Other authors:Kathleen Parrish, Amby Burfoot (Foreword)
Info:Rodale Books (2009), Paperback, 288 pages
Rating:***1/2

Work Information

My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and Insights of a Road Racing Icon by Bart Yasso (2008)

I don't run as much as I used to, but this book reminded me of all the things I love about it. With stories of encouragement and struggle and joy and pain...this has it all! ( )
  Bricker | Sep 24, 2017 |
I enjoyed reading Yasso's running tales, but was just charmed by the "bucket list" of marathons and other races listed in the back of this book. He describes races like Rome, Big Sur, Athens, and Royal Victoria (among others) in a way that makes me want to put them all on my calendar for the coming year! ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
Bart has gotten to experience so much as a runner. Like many of us, he didn't start out a runner, he became one, which means there's hope for anyone who wants to be a runner. I loved his stories of running overseas, especially the Arctic and Antarctica marathons. His list of must-do races is a pretty decent bucket list for someone who wants to run all over the world. And he even has some training advice for people wanting to start running or start running faster. ( )
  deborahfg | Oct 28, 2012 |
A fun read for runners. Bart had done it all from running on all comtinents to winning a marathon. He's a true inspiration. ( )
  cwlongshot | Jul 25, 2011 |
He's a crazy ultra-marathon runner who's written about some of his adventures. His dialogue stinks, and his writing style isn't the most eloquent, but it's a neat read. The man's done some out-there things (including running an ultra in Death Valley). Any runner would probably enjoy this one. If anything, it makes marathoners seem like pansies. ( )
  msumartini | Jul 1, 2008 |

Bart Yassoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parrish, Kathleensecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,164,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible