Death Penalties by Paula Gosling

Death Penalties

by Paula Gosling

Sergeant Tim Nightingale, eager to prove himself a credit to the CID, decides to reopen the file on Roger Leland's fatal car crash. Leland's widow, Tess, has begun to put her life back together, but a burglary, practical jokes and numerous threatening phone calls are putting her re-emergent career under pressure.… (more)

I enjoyed this, it's the first Paula Gosling I've read and I was expecting less than I got. The writing is good and there is depth to the plot. The primary character is an American woman living in England. Shortly after her husband dies in a traffic accident she begins receiving frightening phone calls that eventually escalate to threats to her and to her young son. While the characters are a bit flat, Gosling does a good job at building suspense. While I did guess "whodunit" there were some good surprises along the way. ( )
  clue | Mar 30, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,513,569 books! | Top bar: Always visible