100 Days of School (Math Is Fun!) by Trudy…

100 Days of School (Math Is Fun!) (original 1999; edition 1999)

by Trudy Harris (Author)

419849,005 (3.6)None
Member:ebwalya
Title:100 Days of School (Math Is Fun!)
Authors:Trudy Harris (Author)
Info:First Avenue Editions TM (1999), 32 pages

Work Information

100 Days of School by Trudy Harris (1999)

The only way I imagine this book being interesting is if I am changing the intonation of my voice. It at least keeps the children in suspense as they do not know what is next. ( )
  zcurlach | Sep 15, 2016 |
Our class enjoyed the predictable pattern that this counting book included. We thought the end pages were colorful and an excellent addition supporting the books concept of counting to 100. We found the questions and riddles to be fun while keeping us on our toes! ( )
  TashaWhite | Feb 3, 2016 |
A series of rhymes illustrates different ways to count to 100 such as by adding the ten toes of ten children or ninety-nine train cars plus one caboose.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. (amazon).
  AmyStepaniuk | Oct 15, 2015 |
A fun way to get students to think about 100 and the 100th day of school. The book has many teachable math moments that invite children to chime in and do math and poetry without realizing they are practicing skills. ( )
  TammyeG | Jan 23, 2014 |
Summary:
This book is all about ways to get 100 of something. It starts with "if you go to school for 95 days and then 5 more you get what? (how cool) smarter and smarter and 100 days of school." Another that it says is "if 10 tired children all take off their shoes, what do you get? lots of barefeet. And (I suppose) 100 toes. The book goes on to give more neat examples.

Personal Reaction:
I loved this book. It was neat the way they came up with the different situation on how to count to 100. I would read this to any child and I think they would enjoy it.

Classroom Extension:
1. As a class we would come up with our own rhymes for 100.
2. I could also give the students a certain number and they could come up with their own rhyme and then we could all share them with the class.
  AshlynK | Apr 24, 2013 |
To Jay - T.H.
With love to my husband, Nolden. And... in memory of a wonderfully gifted instructor and friend, Dwight Harmon. - B.G.H.
If you go to school for 95 days, and then go 5 more days, what do you get? Smarter and smarter

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,290,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible