The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffery Deaver

The Bodies Left Behind (original 2008; edition 2001)

by Jeffery Deaver (Author)

Arriving at a deserted lake house to investigate an aborted call to police, Deputy Anna McCafferty walks into the middle of a heinous crime and is deprived of her weapon, car, and phone, forced to flee, along with the twenty-five-year-old daughter of the murdered couple, into the surrounding forest to escape the perpetrators who must eliminate any potential witnesses.… (more)
Member:ChantsGiles
Title:The Bodies Left Behind
Authors:Jeffery Deaver (Author)
Info:Hodder Paperback (2001)
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Work Information

The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffery Deaver (2008)

English (59)  Italian (2)  All languages (61)
My review of this book can be found on my Youtube Vlog at:

Enjoy! ( )
  booklover3258 | May 27, 2021 |
If you haven't read Deaver yet and you enjoy suspense/thriller novels then I highly recommend him. This one is a page turner, with constant change of point of views: this is one hell of a way to build suspense.
The gist: A distress call sends a detective to investigate and she stumbles..well..to a number of 'bodies left behind'. I really enjoy reading about female investigators/detectives and really liked this one.
  asthepageturns | Jun 13, 2019 |
Very interesting and fast paced book. I could not put this one down. Read the book in a few days. ( )
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
Now this is how you write a thriller!!! I am adding Jeffrey Deaver to my author's list. Reading this book was like watching a good suspense movie.  The only reason that I rated it kind of low is that there were some slow moments that did could have been left out. Otherwise this book kept me on the edge of my seat; and just when I would start to get comfortable  there would be another twist.  I highly recommend it! ( )
  1forthebooks | May 22, 2018 |
What’s this? A Jeffery Deaver novel with no mad-dog serial killer and no state-of-the-art technology to track his moves? Pinch me. But THE BODIES LEFT BEHIND is no dream, only a different kind of nightmare — the elemental one of being hunted down in the wild like an animal.
added by y2pk | editNew York Times, Marilyn Stasio (Nov 14, 2008)

Belongs to Publisher Series

blanvalet (37471)
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. -John Muir
For Robby Burroughs
Silence. The woods around Lake Mondac were as quiet as could be, a world of difference from the churning, chaotic city where the couple spent their weekdays.

A distant lake house in Wisconsin. A call to police emergency is cut short. A phone glitch, or something more sinister? Off-duty Deputy Brynn McKenzie goes to find out and stumbles onto the scene of a murder. Before she can call for backup, she finds herself the next potential victim. Deprived of her phone, weapon and car, Brynn flees, along with the other survivor of the crime.
These unlikely allies can survive only by escaping into the dense, deserted woods, on a desperate trek to safety. And ultimately to a life or death choice. Flight. Or fight?

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,149,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible