Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Favourite Books (68)
Best of Brit Lit (34)
Faerie Mythology (1)
Historical Fiction (139)
Ambleside Books (170)
100 World Classics (41)
Five star books (385)
Plays I Like (14)
Out of Copyright (56)
Best of World Literature (172)
Books Read in 2018 (3,266)
Folio Society (576)
Love Stories (27)
Books on my Kindle (107)
Unread books (805)
Is contained in
Is retold in
Has the (non-series) sequel
Has the adaptation
Is abridged in
Is parodied in
Has as a study
Has as a student's study guide
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743477545, Mass Market Paperback)Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Catherine Belsey
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:50 -0400)
Introduces Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream, discussing plot and characters, possible sources of inspiration for the play, the history of early performances, and how the productions have evolved over the years.
2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by Yale University Press.
An edition of this book was published by Sourcebooks MediaFusion.
An edition of this book was published by The Planet.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.