Last Dance: Behind the Scenes at the Final…

Last Dance: Behind the Scenes at the Final Four (original 2006; edition 2006)

by John Feinstein, Mike Krzyzewski (Contributor)

2025106,765 (3.45)None
"The final four is the Holy Grail. We all talk about how we shouldn't judge our careers on making the final four or on winning it, but every single one of us wants to be there." -Coach Gary Williams, University of Maryland (1989-present). When college basketball teams make it to the NCAA tournament, they say they're "going to the dance." John Feinstein's riveting new book is the story of the last dance, the final four. There is no event in sports quite like it. The final four draws millions to their televisions and thousands to a chosen city, attendance is topped only by the Super Bowl. It is the epicenter of sports madness, a circus of media, coaches, and fans swirling around the four teams talented enough to have made it to the end.… (more)
Member:mikehadz
Title:Last Dance: Behind the Scenes at the Final Four
Authors:John Feinstein
Other authors:Mike Krzyzewski (Contributor)
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2006), Hardcover, 384 pages

Work Information

Last Dance: Behind the Scenes at the Final Four by John Feinstein (2006)

Hacky, hacky, hacky, Mr. Feinstein. I've read other books of yours and enjoyed them. But other books didn't editorialize nearly so much. Report if you're going to report, buddy. ( )
  theanalogdivide | Dec 1, 2009 |
An easy read primarily because UNC played such a big role in this book. If the book's accurate (and I have no reason to think it isn't), then Billy Packer should be credited for popularizing the NCAA tournament because Feinstein makes him sound like the person who had the vision in the first place. ( )
  dvf1976 | Apr 23, 2008 |
[...]Any book which can be utterly entertaining, while being equally admiring of both UNC and Duke (not to mention coaches, journalists, and refs) is a work of some skill and delicacy.

Full review at http://sycoraxpine.blogspot.com/2007/06/may-in-books.html ( )
  sycoraxpine | Jun 22, 2007 |

John Feinsteinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Krzyzewski, MikeContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316014257, 1594831106

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,524,609 books! | Top bar: Always visible