Koala Lou by Mem Fox

Koala Lou (edition 1988)

by Mem Fox

A young koala, longing to hear her mother speak lovingly to her as she did before other children came along, plans to win her distracted parent's attention.
Member:LilyBethany
Title:Koala Lou
Authors:Mem Fox
Info:Bayswater, Vic. : Ian Drakeford, 1988.

Koala Lou by Mem Fox

I would read this to my class if we were having a field day or type of competition so the students understand it is ok not to come in first place ( )
  berkeleychris | Nov 4, 2019 |
Koala Lou is told by her mother "Koala Lou, I DO love you!" hundreds of times daily. Her mother begins to have a busy life and has other koala babies to take care of. Koala Lou does not think she is loved by her mother anymore. She joins the Bush Olympics thinking if she wins she will earn back her mother's love. She comes in second, and is heartbroken. Her Mother comes and says "Koala Lou, I DO love you! I always have, and I always will". This book teaches about unconditional love and tells children that sometimes parent become busy, but that does not mean they do not love you. ( )
  asburns | Sep 11, 2019 |
A young koala, longing to hear her mother speak lovingly to her as she did before other children came along, plants to win her distracted parent's attention.
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
There are three main reasons why I love and enjoyed this book. First, my dad used to read this book to me when I was little so it is one of those stories that stay with you forever. He would always repeat the line, "Koala Lou, I DO love you!", to me every night after he would read the story. In the morning he would also repeat it. It was like he was the "mom" koala and I was Koala Lou, so now every time I read this story I think of my dad and how much this story relates to the both of us. Second, I love the pictures throughout the story. Even though they are illustrations they seem so real. The fur on the koalas looks real as well as all the other animals in the story that are depicted look real. It is almost as if you can, as the reader, place yourself into the story and be with Koala Lou in the Bush Olympics. Third, I love the message of the story. I love how even though Koala Lou seems like her mother does not love her anymore, she truly does. It shows that even when you are feeling unloved you are still loved. I really enjoyed this book when I was little and now that I am older. It is such a sweet tale and I recommend it to everyone. ( )
  mmanle7 | Mar 7, 2017 |
Koala tries to get her mother to tell her she loves her by winning a contest. When she doesn't win, she realizes her mother loves her. ( )
  JKMcCauley | Jan 12, 2017 |

Fox, Memprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lofts, PamelaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,167,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible