The I ching, or, Book of changes : a guide…

The I ching, or, Book of changes : a guide to life's turning points (edition 1992)

by Brian Browne Walker

For centuries,The I ChingorBook of Changeshas been consulted for sage advice at life's turning points. When its wisdom is sought with sincerity and sensitivity, this Chinese oracle will help to promote success and good fortune and to impart balance and perspective to your life. Its everlasting popularity lies in the lessons that it teaches about how to use your positive qualities in order to attain life's greatest rewards-prosperity, understanding, and peace of mind. Brian Browne Walker's new, highly accessible translation of the I Ching, because it is clear and direct, allows you to make the wisdom of the ancient Chinese sages your own. Brian Browne Walker has studied the Chinese language for twelve years, and has studied and practiced Taoist philosophy with a number of teachers in the United States and abroad. Among his mentors are a Taoist master in California and Sawat Pracheron in Thailand. This new translation's easy-to-use format and contemporary language will be a boon to new users. Devotees of the I Ching will find that this version enhances their understanding of the ancient text.… (more)
Member:evenlake
Title:The I ching, or, Book of changes : a guide to life's turning points
Authors:Brian Browne Walker
Info:New York : St. Martin's Press, 1992.
Tags:philosophy, psychology, spirituality, permanent

The I Ching or Book of Changes: A Guide to Life's Turning Points by Brian Browne Walker

Recently added byraul.a.ramirez, lety_0202, evenlake, AJMac, rjcm
Legacy LibrariesTerence Kemp McKenna

Good, modern translation. Dispenses with much of the mystical, incomprehensible phrasing of older translations and makes it relatively easy to start on the path to understanding this centuries-old text. ( )
  evenlake | Mar 23, 2021 |
This book - The I Ching - is a veritable crash course into what can take place when people pay attention to the small nuances in life.

As in life, this book offers much to learn from, if one just so chooses. It's not for no reason that this book has been held in high esteem by sages and mystics going back thousands of years.

Of those sages, perhaps the most notable is Confucius who ironed out his teachings and insights from this particular book.

In any case, as the book hints at in its introduction, this book can be seen just as another book or it can be viewed as something more.

Just as with any other stepping stone that offers opportunity for growth, this particular book is no different. In fact, its insights and advice are not only reasonable, but they resonate quite well for many reasons.

The beauty of this book lies in its simplicity. Throughout its length the book takes an approach of meaning towards everything. From every event, every instance, in every day, there is something to be gained from it. However, will undoubtedly depend on how the individual so chooses to act.

With clarity and depth, the book will help the individual traverse through life by showcasing wisdom in more than ample situations.

Another benefit of this book is how it's far easier to read than other I Ching books, at least for me. That is always pleasant for someone that's always attempting to keep things simple.

How this book helps you will be determined ultimately by you, the reader - the individual. For me, personally, if am having trouble with certain circumstances, its helped me reassess my thought process and take a step back and be able to not only take my time, but relax, and thus allow my-self the precision of thought needed to take the next step in life.

That, and that alone, is priceless. The beauty of it is that, the book offers many more gems than that. It's certainly a must buy for everyone in my opinion, because knowing human nature, we can all benefit from it. ( )
  ZyPhReX | Jan 5, 2017 |
Good to read as, a good guide for your life kind of book. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |
The only true aristocracy is that of consciousness.
- D. H. Lawrence
For David LaChapelle
On its surface, the I Ching is merely a book.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,521,309 books! | Top bar: Always visible