Culinary Calculations: Simplified Math for…

Culinary Calculations: Simplified Math for Culinary Professionals

by Terri Jones

32None344,688 (4)None

covers at http://tinyurl.com/8ehs6 (imageshack.us PhotoBlog)
by http://what.ticio.us

Reviewer: A reader
I am a chef getting ready to start my own restaurant/catering business. After reading this easy to understand, well-written book, I am confident in my knowledge of the math I will need to succeed. Glad someone took the time to share such useful information.

http://what.ticio.us ( )
  libroo | Oct 31, 2005 |

The math skills needed for a successful foodservice career—now in a new edition

Culinary Calculations, Second Edition provides the mathematical knowledge and skills that are essential for a successful career in today's competitive foodservice industry. This user-friendly guide starts with basic principles before introducing more specialized topics like recipe conversion and costing, AP/EP, menu pricing, and inventory costs. Written in a nontechnical, easy-to-understand style, the book features a running case study that applies math concepts to a real-world example: opening a restaurant.

This revised and updated Second Edition of Culinary Calculations covers relevant math skills for four key areas:Basic math for the culinary arts and foodservice industryMath for the professional kitchenMath for the business side of the foodservice industryComputer applications for the foodservice industry

Each chapter is rich with resources, including learning objectives, helpful callout boxes for particular concepts, example menus and price lists, and information tables. Review questions, homework problems, and the case study end each chapter. Also included is an answer key for the even-numbered problems throughout the book.

Culinary Calculations, Second Edition provides readers with a better understanding of the culinary math skills needed to expand their foodservice knowledge and sharpen their business savvy as they strive for success in their careers in the foodservice industry.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:29 -0400)

"Focusing on math concepts and applications commonly used in the food service industry, this easy-to-understand book examines how to apply math principles in the back of the house, from the basics to more difficult concepts like costing. AP/EP, recipe conversion and costing, menu pricing, and inventory costs. Three useful appendices offer handy access to such useful information as tips for using a calculator, conversion tables, and common item yields."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible