William Again by Richmal Crompton

William Again (original 1923; edition 1983)

by Richmal Crompton

Member:dennymeta
Title:William Again
Authors:Richmal Crompton
Info:Macmillan (1983), Mass Market Paperback

William Again by Richmal Crompton (1923)

A wonderful rascal. Great language and absolutely hysterical! Also very good on audio! ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
It's William!! A guaranteed rollicking read. Perhaps not as funny as some of the later books, but the spirit's still the same. :) ( )
  Jey_13 | Jul 4, 2013 |
I read the William books as a child, and despite being an obnoxiously well behaved child, I still wanted to think of myself as an "Outlaw".

I would recommend them to anyone of such an age. I think they are genuinely improving. Certainly my memory of William, as of the Swallows and Amazons, provides a well buried counter to my natural inclination towards the effete.

William also provides a good lesson in free will, independent spirit and free thought. Which cannot hurt. (Unless you wanted to make an extreme reading of the William stories as a prop to the capitalist establishment...)
  OwenGriffiths | Jun 27, 2008 |

Richmal Cromptonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Henry, ThomasIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

William and Ginger - his faithful ally - are keen as always to raise some money. Of course it was William's idea to sell the twins... but somehow events don't work out as they had planned. Nor do William's attempts to be a great detective and a shipwrecked mariner.

1st MacMillan paperback fine (as new)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:47 -0400)

The irrepressible William returns with fourteen fantastic adventures.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible