What Dreams May Come: A Novel by Richard…

What Dreams May Come: A Novel (original 1978; edition 2004)

by Richard Matheson (Author)

What happens to us after we die? Chris Nielsen had no idea, until an unexpected accident cut his life short, separating him from his beloved wife, Annie. Now Chris must discover the true nature of life after death. But even Heaven is not complete without Annie, and the divided soul mates will do anything to reach each other across the boundaries between life and death. When tragedy threatens to divide them forever, Chris risks his very soul to save Annie from an eternity of despair.… (more)
Member:CozyRaptor
Title:What Dreams May Come: A Novel
Authors:Richard Matheson (Author)
Info:Tor Books (2004), Edition: First, 288 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:sf-fantasy

What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson (1978)

The note to the reader made this seem like it was a fiction book based on a non-fiction item but that is not true. He used it as a method for giving his thoughts on after life. Liked his description of the place known as "Summerland" that most of us would desire. It seemed amazing yet weird to think it was mostly based on the thoughts from the mind. The place had his dog, some family but everyone was alone. The concept of levels fills the version of a purgatory. Felt the deep felt need of his wanting to be with his wife was over the top and got to be too repetitive. Wife taking her life and the results of that were horrible. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
Obsessed with his wife
in life, in death, and beyond
what's with the clean thing? ( )
  Eggpants | Jun 25, 2020 |
Pros:
* Afterlife je dosta kul dočaran.
Cons:
* Love story deluje generično i manjkaju mu detalji - posebno kad su negativne strane njihovog odnosa u pitanju.
  NenadN | Sep 6, 2019 |
I was willing to say this book just wasn't to my taste, until I hit the part near the end where the main character, without any plot related reason, muses (paraphrased to avoid spoilers) that people from india have a difficult time becoming doctors. I'm guessing the author didn't mean for it to be casually racist (I mean, does he think that doctors don't exist in india?), but it speaks to a laziness in characterization, writing, and editing that plagues the whole book. Thousands of words were dedicated to how people in the afterlife can warp from place to place, but not that place, and sometimes to another place, and sometimes to places they think of. And dogs go to the same afterlife and I guess birds do too. Thousands of words that could have been better spent on why the main character doesn't like indian doctors. ( )
  sarcher | Jul 7, 2019 |
much, much better than the film. ( )
  book.nug | Feb 28, 2019 |
Novel

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,390,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible