Extreme Measures: A Thriller by Vince Flynn

Extreme Measures: A Thriller (edition 2008)

by Vince Flynn (Author)

Series: Mitch Rapp (11)

The CIA has detected and intercepted two terrorist cells, but a third is feared to be on the loose. Led by a dangerous mastermind obsessed with becoming the leader of al-Qaeda, this determined and terrifying group is about to descend on America. Mitch Rapp needs the best on this assignment, and Nash, who has served his government honorably for sixteen years--first as an officer in the Marine Corps and then as an operative in an elite counterterrorism team run by Rapp--is his choice. But on this assignment Rapp and his protege may have met their match.… (more)
Member:Daedalcipher
Title:Extreme Measures: A Thriller
Authors:Vince Flynn (Author)
Info:Atria Books (2008), Edition: Canadian, 416 pages
Rating:***

Extreme Measures by Vince Flynn

2.5 stars

This was pretty boring for the first half of the book. There was a ton of plodding setup, including characters who ended up really having nothing to do with main plot. Things got rolling at about 53%, and then it felt more like the Mitch Rapp books I'm used to.
  ssperson | Apr 3, 2021 |
In advertent rereading of the book - remarkably little memory from the first reading.
My enjoyment of the Mitch Rapp character and series declines with each book.
Although I dislike liberal politics/politicians becoming involved in counterterrorism activities that they have no real understanding of, it is pretty clear that Rapp is a thug (albeit our thug) with poor anger and behavioral control. ( )
  fwbl | Nov 30, 2020 |
I no

I read for entertainment. entertained I was, but this became a little more political than I like. However I do enjoy it when blind leftist are forced to see the errors of their ways ! good story.... ( )
  nkyates | Aug 9, 2020 |
This was another Mitch Rapp adventure. And another good one. Cheesy in some parts but I loved it anyway. Gimme more of Mitch and the gang any day. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |
I'm very torn with this book. I really enjoyed it, the plot felt a little flat once all was said and done.

It was a great book in personal context because I had gone through several stinkers (didn't finish) and this book was easy to get through. Still, I enjoyed past VF books much more. ( )
  cgfaulknerog | May 28, 2020 |
After reading a good story like this one, I can't help but suggest that you should join N0velStar’s writing competition, you might be their next big star.
added by Gab_Cruz | editBookmarks Magazine

Vince Flynnprimary authorall editionscalculated
Guidall, GeorgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
ratty data

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,287,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible