Die rote Zora by Kurt Held

Die rote Zora (original 1941; edition 2009)

by Kurt Held

Member:evareads
Title:Die rote Zora
Authors:Kurt Held
Info:Carlsen (2009), Edition: 2., Auflage, Taschenbuch, 480 pages
Tags:children, german

The Outsiders of Uskoken Castle by Kurt Held (1941)

Match found in the German National Library.
  glsottawa | Apr 4, 2018 |
This was one of my most favorite childhood books. I grew up in Vienna, Austria, so I owned and read it in German (multiple times!). Now, having adult kids of my own and living in the States, I still remembered this book and bought it again. It had certainly a great influence on me back then and I adored Zora and the other kids. ( )
  buecherei59 | Feb 4, 2016 |
echt lustig und a bissi spannend is es auch ( )
  Vali88 | Jan 19, 2009 |
I can't believe that I'm the only one who owns this book! It was such a big part of my childhood and I always thought it was a German classic. Well, it is a classic in my life. Whenever I read it I wanted to be like Zora, fearless, respected by all boys and I always tried to be like her. I think it shaped me in many ways. ( )
  Thalia | Apr 5, 2006 |
Für Barbara Rüedi
"Branko! Branko!"

Known to the people of the town as Zora's Gang and known to themselves as the Uskoken, a group of five homeless youngsters ranged over the countryside near the Adriatic coast in Yugoslavia (Croatia). Sleeping, eating, all everyday concerns were difficult for them, but every day brought new adventure and new challenge. They lived secretly in an ancient 'haunted' castle, found what food they could in the countryside, ate stale bread the baker gave them, and stole the rest. The elders of the town (Senj), the police, and the schoolboys waged perpetual war on the gang - and the Uskoken vented their anger on the town. Resolutely defending their friends and battling against those who interfered with them, they were outlaws in the true Robin Hood tradition.The outsiders of Uskoken Castle is a story based on fact. It gives a true and vivid portrait of the lives of some orphaned children in Europe around World War II.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,406,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible