Quilts of Provence: The Art and Craft of French Quiltmaking

by Kathryn Berenson

Quilters, historians, and everyone who appreciates the landscapes and textiles of southern France will treasure this glorious celebration of Provencal quilts. Both history and how-to, Quilts of Provence captures the exceptional artistry and the fascinating development of Provencal needlework-while beckoning you to create your own exquisite keepsakes with the instructions featured. Book jacket.… (more)

Incredible & informative history & quilting book. My favorite quilt book - can you tell I'm a quilter? ( )
  Joniwrite1 | Oct 2, 2008 |
[Foreword] I discovered antique textiles about fifteen years ago.
[Introduction] The strong golden sunlight or Provence illuminates all detail.
Appreciation for quality textiles in Provence reaches back to the origins of Provencal culture.
"Rags and tatters, if you like; I am fond of my rags and tatters."
Moliere, L'avare (The Miser) (1668)

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,631,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible