The Way to Will Power (LvMI) by Henry…

The Way to Will Power (LvMI) (edition 2011)

by Henry Hazlitt

1311,301,045 (4.25)None
"Forming a new habit is like forging for yourself a new path in the woods, through stubborn underbrush and prickly thorns, while all the while it is possible for you to take the well-worn, hard-trodden, pleasant path that already exists. But you can reflect that every time you travel through the new path you are going to tramp down more shrubbery and clear more entanglements from the way." In this brilliant and serious-minded guide to gaining, or regaining, self-control, Hazlitt expounds a personal ethics based on ancient principles that will help the reader improve his life and standing.… (more)
Member:Pxan02
Title:The Way to Will Power (LvMI)
Authors:Henry Hazlitt
Info:Ludwig von Mises Institute, Kindle Edition, 174 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Read

Work Information

The Way to Will Power by Henry Hazlitt

When I began reading this book I had no idea what was expecting me.

This is not a heavy book, is quite a light read actually. But is an intense one that will call upon every faculty to be fully absorbed and understood.
I have currently 6 and nearly half pages of notes for this book. So many little pearls of wisdom and advice to not be missed, I am quite exhausted right now.

The title is misleading, in this book he deals with:

Willpower
Ideals
Time
Focus
Psychoanalysis
Desires and cravings (there is a big difference here)
Habits
Programs and plans and how to execute them
What to do in free evenings
How to access new levels of energy (second and third winds)
How to stop procrastinating on little things
How to become a genius
And most importantly
Moral courage

It's quite the read, I suggest it to everyone who feels like he can do more in his days and life. ( )
  Pxan02 | May 14, 2022 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,067,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible