Dragon Rojo, El (Spanish Edition) by Thomas…

Dragon Rojo, El (Spanish Edition) (original 1981; edition 1995)

by Thomas A. Harris (Author)

Member:CeciliaZ
Title:Dragon Rojo, El (Spanish Edition)
Authors:Thomas A. Harris (Author)
Info:Ediciones B (1995)
Rating:*****
Tags:owned-novels

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris (1981)

Recently added byPrinceTenebro, Ashley_Hoss_820, docbg98, SquidgetsRoom, private library, 1000SMonacoPkwy, rena75, CeciliaZ
Legacy LibrariesNorman Mailer

English (75)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  All languages (77)
I finally broke down and decided to read my very first series. I couldn't think of a better one to start with than Hannibal Lecter. Retired FBI profiler, Will Graham, is asked by his former boss, Jack Crawford, to take a look at two separate but similar murder cases. Graham is hooked after taking a look and decides to stay on to help the FBI nail down the "Tooth Fairy" serial killer. Graham needs help profiling the killer from another convicted serial killer, Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter, who is also the reason for Graham's retirement. What enfolds is a frightening tale of psychological suspense that is a fitting beginning to the Lecter series. Onto The Silence of the Lambs! ( )
2 vote rsplenda477 | Jul 27, 2018 |
I enjoyed the book, but did not experiences the spine chilling that I experienced with silence of the lambs. The ending was a bit of a let down as I realize that it was a bit of a ruse. It was just too easy.

All in all I would say quite good, but not in the same league as Silence of the lambs. Maybe because nobody can be as chilling as Hannibal Lechter. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
It's been a few years since my last re-read and I was definitely due. The Hannibal Lector trilogy is literally one of my all time favorite series and it ALWAYS holds up. It's still just as amazing as the first time I read it. Thomas Harris is wonderful at getting in the minds of serial killers and making a wonderfully complex game of cat and mouse. Will Graham hasn't worked for the FBI in years. Not since he was almost fatally stabbed by Hannibal Lector, a sociopath who ate his victims. Will has a special skill set, one that has helped in track down more than a few serial killers, but all he want's is a break. Special Agent Jack Crawford won't let that happen though. There's a terrifying serial killer nicknamed the toothfairy and he's already killed two families. They need Will's insight to find and stop this madman before he kills his third family. And Will isn't sure he can do it on his own, he may need consult Hannibal to help get to the bottom of what is making the toothfairy tick. Dark, demented, and impossible to put down; this is always a must read!! ( )
1 vote ecataldi | May 3, 2018 |
Well, I haven't read this since middle school, the first time I was obsessed with Hannibal Lecter. OMG, he's like a evil Niles Crane, how can I resist? Epitome of sexiness, yes? All that wine and opera and expensive suits and being snobby about stuff I don't care about. I have no idea why I am so attracted to that. Cheekbones, maybe? Oh, and he kills people. And eats them. uh... well he's meant to be a creepily seductive character, can't help it, that's my excuse. Nothing like a real serial killer; whenever I read about them I'm like, ugh, disgusting rapey pathetic loser, you're lucky I am fascinated by extreme personalities, douche. Unlike Hannibal Lecter, who is a dish.

The book is basically decent until the bit with Francis Dolarhyde's back story, which is like, ugh, enough with the "Psycho" retread. Didn't need pages and pages, chapters! Multiple chapters! in order to get some sorta, "I pity the child, but not the man" statement, which I hope was really the point.

I completely forgot how Will Graham is supposed to be sorta crazy. All I remembered was the Red Dragon movie with Edward Norton which took all the weird bits out (and therefore became a kinda boring, average movie), and so when I was watching Hannibal, the TV show, I was like woah, why is Will Graham loco? He is kinda loco! Ha. It took watching the TV series with my friend, who practically never watches TV or movies and certainly not in the horror genre, to really understand this Will Graham character. He's all tortured about his empathy, and like "Oh, I understand terrible people, that makes me feel kinda like a terrible person." and I'm like, "I'm watching a horror show with graphic violence because I have a crush on Hannibal Lecter. Feeling guilty about what happens in my imagination is really not something I have ever been concerned with."

Only a little bit on Hannibal Lecter in the book. But, this is the first book of the Hannibal Lecter series, because everyone, including the author, knows that this character is sweet and juicy and the real star. I wanna just eat him up! nom nom nom ( )
  Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |
Wow. I had watched the movie before but reading this book was a whole different monster. What a very disturbing read, but entirely enjoyable. What a good book to end August on!
Will Graham is a semi-retired agent who gets guilted back to work to help catch the a monster who is killing entire families. Graham draws the reader into his mind and shows that he can actually think like the killer. "The Dragon" is a disturbed man who grew up surrounded by pain and cruelty and it's no surprise he turned out rotten. And Dr Lector is entirely different creature that is terrifying and fascinating at the same time.
1 vote ChelleBearss | Mar 9, 2018 |
But I have to acknowledge my gut response to Mr. Harris's thriller. It hits us in our outrage, and titillates the part of us all that would like to get rid of evil with a gun.

Thomas Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Amante, MarcoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
López de Bullrich, ElisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Valassaari, Risto S.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind. - Alphonse Bertillon
. . . For Mercy has a human heart, Pity a human face, And Love, the human form divine, And Peace, the human dress. - William Blake, Songs of Innocence (The Divine Image)
Cruelty has a Human Heart, and Jealousy a Human Face, Terror the Human Form Divine, and Secrecy the Human Dress.
The Human Dress is forged Iron,
The Human Form is fiery Forge.
The Human Face a Furnace seal'd,
The Human Heart its hungry Gorge.
-William Blake, Songs of Experience
(A Divine Image)
I want to tell you the circumstances in which I first encountered Hannibal Lecter, M.D.
Men kan alleen zien wat men waarneemt, en men neemt alleen die dingen waar die al in de geest aanwezig zijn. (Alphonse Bertillon)

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440206154, Mass Market Paperback)

Lying on a cot in his cell with Alexandre Dumas's Le Grand Dictionnaire de Cuisine open on his chest, Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter makes his debut in this legendary horror novel, which is even better than its sequel, The Silence of the Lambs. As in Silence, the pulse-pounding suspense plot involves a hypersensitive FBI sleuth who consults psycho psychiatrist Lecter for clues to catching a killer on the loose.

The sleuth, Will Graham, actually quit the FBI after nearly getting killed by Lecter while nabbing him, but fear isn't what bugs him about crime busting. It's just too creepy to get inside a killer's twisted mind. But he comes back to stop a madman who's been butchering entire families. The FBI needs Graham's insight, and Graham needs Lecter's genius. But Lecter is a clever fiend, and he manipulates both Graham and the killer at large from his cell.

That killer, Francis Dolarhyde, works in a film lab, where he picks his victims by studying their home movies. He's obsessed with William Blake's bizarre painting The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed with the Sun, believing there's a red dragon within him, the personification of his demonic drives. Flashbacks to Dolarhyde's terrifying childhood and superb stream-of-consciousness prose get us right there inside his head. When Dolarhyde does weird things, we understand why. We sympathize when the voice of the cruel dead grandma who raised and crazed him urges him to mayhem--she's way scarier than that old bat in Psycho. When he falls in love with a blind girl at the lab, we hope he doesn't give in to Grandma's violent advice.

This book is awesomely detailed, ingeniously plotted, judiciously gory, and fantastically imagined. If you haven't read it, you've never had the creeps. --Tim Appelo

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:36 -0400)

Will Graham's unusual, fearful ability to project himself into the minds of psychopaths puts him on the trail of Francis Dolorhyde, whose bizarre and bloody murders of two suburban families have been triggered by his viewing of a William Blake watercolor.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,823,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible